Headliners 2016

thewayiam

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, shoptildrop said:

Went to Uni there and these days visit their beer festivals, so nothing wrong with Huddersfield just weird names lol

I went to the technical college in Huddersfield for a while but ended up finishing my HNC at Hopwood Hall in Rochdale.

They were all mad for the Synthy Italian house stuff that they used to play at Zone and they all seemed to support Liverpool.

39 minutes ago, JoBalls said:

We're on page 600 of the headliners thread. Surely an announcement is imminent?

Think we were 1000+ last year waiting on the third headliner, people were losing their minds by that stage 

56 minutes ago, srb said:

Think we were 1000+ last year waiting on the third headliner, people were losing their minds by that stage 

Our mental wellbeing had reached such a stage that a large percentage of efests had convinced themselves that Prince would be announced when the headliner thread reached  page 999. The hysteria, anticipation and excitement in the days and hours leading up to that landmark was quite remarkable, only to be dashed within only a few minutes as we hit page 1000 and waited for what seemed like an eternity once again until The Who were confirmed. 

So is a hot cross bun the same nationwide or is that a hot cross barm/batch ?

Hot cross bun is essentially a tea cake, though I do acknowledge the other chocolate variety posted before, I think it very wrong to be called such. It is a biscuit not a cake.

Edited by slash's hat
being pedantic probably

30 minutes ago, slash's hat said:

So is a hot cross bun the same nationwide or is that a hot cross barm/batch ?

Hot cross bun is essentially a tea cake, though I do acknowledge the other chocolate variety posted before, I think it very wrong to be called such. It is a biscuit not a cake.

I think a hot cross bun is a hot cross bun.  

Let's not get into Tunnock's incongruous naming, too late for them to change now!

5 minutes ago, reflekting said:

So according to "The Thingy", not since before the fallow year have we had all 3 headliners at this stage. As we know the Thingy doesn't lie, but it also doesn't copy a historical basis. Does this mean we will have an announcement this week?

I think we'll get the Adele announcement after the balance deadline but before the resale, then the poster shortly after. Not expecting anything but the odd self confirmation until them. 

Until then the bread-related debates will take centre stage 

12 minutes ago, reflekting said:

So according to "The Thingy", not since before the fallow year have we had all 3 headliners at this stage. As we know the Thingy doesn't lie, but it also doesn't copy a historical basis. Does this mean we will have an announcement this week?

The thingy means nothing.  I should know, I spent the last hour looking at it.