Headliners 2016

thewayiam

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, sloseph said:

Maybe to really hype up that suprise motherfuckers moment when she gets announced

You're right though it does seem strange to insist so heavily that she's not playing, even when no one is making her talk about it 

Yeah, I sort of understand it in interviews to the press, but to a crowd of her own punters where there is no necessity to even mention it at all, and where 99% of the crowd wont give a shiney shite either way? Odd behaviour whatever way you look at it.

On 09/03/2016 at 1:58 PM, Hugh Jass said:

Still a lot of ''if' in what she says....and no firm denial.

Perhaps it's not a done deal yet......could the Eavii have her booked but there's a contract clause that allows her an opt out if her nerves don't feel up to it?  It would be a big risk but one they may have been prepared to take to get the biggest artist in the world right now.....

Hmmmm interesting video, she sounded pretty genuine to me. Although I do think that Emily would've denied Adele was playing in that interview the other day... would've been a nice opportunity to get the press discussing who the final headliner is for the next fortnight. 

17 minutes ago, russycarps said:

Yeah, I sort of understand it in interviews to the press, but to a crowd of her own punters where there is no necessity to even mention it at all, and where 99% of the crowd wont give a shiney shite either way? Odd behaviour whatever way you look at it.

She did say she'll be there, not necessarily as a performer as shes there every year. Maybe she just talks about it at every opportunity in every day life like the rest of us. 

I hope she plays though, not clashing with new order would be perfect

18 minutes ago, Heather90 said:

Maybe its Radiohead to headline with Adele in the surprise slot on friday evening. Removes some of the hype and all. Although i think the sunset slot would work perfectly with her songs I think this thread would implode if this happened

I like your thinking. 

1 minute ago, fatyeti24 said:

I like your thinking. 

I'd quite like to see new order but i have plans for adele. After lots of fancy dress last year i suggested we watch adele as she should be watched, wearing pajamas, a facemask, slippers and with a glass of white wine. I do intend to do all this in front of the pyramid. Larger slippers will fit over walking boots. 

1 hour ago, musky said:

As I'm currently ticketless I haven't been following this thread. Does that mean you've abandoned that idea Stuart?

I was never one of the proponents of the "Adele subbing Radiohead" idea, but I had almost been persueded that it was a possibility for a while.

It's not.  

I suppose in theory, any act could do a secret set, but as far as I'm concerned there is 0% chance Adele will play any announced slot other than headlining. And a secret set makes no sense to me either.

Not once did she say im not playing. Words were carefully chosen once again. Everybody taking this the other way please, just stop. Ok. Learn to accept it. Its hard but its happening. She is headlining, capiche? Its over. Finished. Done. Wrapped up. The End. Fin.

Edited by T-Mouse

4 minutes ago, T-Mouse said:

Not once did she say im not playing. Words were carefully chosen once again. Everybody taking this the other way please, just stop. Ok. Learn to accept it. Its hard but its happening. She is headlining, capiche? Its over. Finished. Done. Wrapped up. The End. Fin.

Agreed, she is keeping everyone waiting, maybe until after the current dates?

9 minutes ago, T-Mouse said:

Yup. Adele is happening. No maybes, no "she might play another slot". She will headline the Pyramid Stage on Saturday night at Glastonbury 2016.

Deal with it and move on.

Edited by Hugh Jass

She said numerous times while being interviewed while promoting 25 that she wasn't sure if she was going to do a tour for this album because she didn't know if she could do it and then surprise - she's now doing over 100 arena dates across Europe and North America.

I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if Adele is headlining Saturday night and she's just covering up. 

2 hours ago, Heather90 said:

Maybe its Radiohead to headline with Adele in the surprise slot on friday evening. Removes some of the hype and all. Although i think the sunset slot would work perfectly with her songs I think this thread would implode if this happened

I very much doubt it purely based on Radiohead and New Order clashing, that's not happening lol.

1 minute ago, thatcrazypenguin said:

If she was headlining though they'd have announced it by now, it's pretty common knowledge most people are now expecting her to....no surprise there so why the wait? Only answer can be...it's not her....again logic is easy to use.

They said they would be before April and that's all. I suspect they are waiting until her London run, it would make a good article to publish off the back of 6 nights or whatever it is there.

4 minutes ago, thatcrazypenguin said:

If she was headlining though they'd have announced it by now, it's pretty common knowledge most people are now expecting her to....no surprise there so why the wait? Only answer can be...it's not her....again logic is easy to use.

What logic are you applying?