Headliners 2016

thewayiam

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

52 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

Next week is NME awards , as we all know this is a big week according to the thingy .

Out of muse radiohead Coldplay and Adele how many will be at the awards ready to announce? Can whoever runs the thingy Twitter tweet Emily Eavis to remind her we are due some info?

3 hours ago, morph100 said:

Out of muse radiohead Coldnay and Adele how many will be at the awards ready to announce? Can whoever runs the thingy Twitter tweet Emily Eavis to remind her we are due some info?

Well I'll give IT a go but I don't think The Thingy Twitter holds much INfluence.

A tad off topic but its related to Muse. Out of interest I looked at their recent setlists on their US tour and it safe to say its quite a shit setlist. If they were to headline Glastonbury, do we think their 'festival setlist' will mainly consist of stuff from Drones like the US one, or fan favourite songs? I can never seem to work out  a 'festival setlist' if such a thing really exists

Just now, across97 said:

A tad off topic but its related to Muse. Out of interest I looked at their recent setlists on their US tour and it safe to say its quite a shit setlist. If they were to headline Glastonbury, do we think their 'festival setlist' will mainly consist of stuff from Drones like the US one, or fan favourite songs? I can never seem to work out  a 'festival setlist' if such a thing really exists

Their setlists tend to be shite in the US and include much more newer material because I think they got huge over there later than they did in the UK. I think the Glasto setlist will be quite different.

4 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Their setlists tend to be shite in the US and include much more newer material because I think they got huge over there later than they did in the UK. I think the Glasto setlist will be quite different.

That probably explains it. Was looking and there was no plug in baby or new born which would have to be included over here but thats all older stuff. Would like to see supremacy live too 

1 minute ago, Will-2609 said:

yeah definitely this - they only really took off with their last three shittier albums in the US so makes sense that they'd play more heavily from them over there. don't think they could pull that off successfully here. if they're gonna headline Glastonbury it needs to be a greatest hits set for sure. few less from Drones, maybe add some Origin back (they've been playing nothing from that most nights in the US the absolute nutters). glad to see Map of the Problematique back in regular rotation though

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

yeah definitely this - they only really took off with their last three shittier albums in the US so makes sense that they'd play more heavily from them over there. don't think they could pull that off successfully here. if they're gonna headline Glastonbury it needs to be a greatest hits set for sure. few less from Drones, maybe add some Origin back (they've been playing nothing from that most nights in the US the absolute nutters). glad to see Map of the Problematique back in regular rotation though

1 song from OoS on most nights. But I dont think they could get away with that on a UK headline slot. Be very brave if they attempted it tbh. Id have psycho, the handler, dead inside included and thats probably about it. Id love a BHAR full album show, but again thats risky

Just now, across97 said:

1 song from OoS on most nights. But I dont think they could get away with that on a UK headline slot. Be very brave if they attempted it tbh. Id have psycho, the handler, dead inside included and thats probably about it. Id love a BHAR full album show, but again thats risky

i do remember them saying that the Origin in full show at R/L in 2011 was kind of a farewell to a lot of those songs, but it's just silly and they should definitely introduce some back. New Born, Bliss and Citizen should be staples, and Plug In Baby i guess but i could happily not hear that song again for a long time, although i wouldn't be surprised if it's just Plug In Baby they do at Glastonbury

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

i do remember them saying that the Origin in full show at R/L in 2011 was kind of a farewell to a lot of those songs, but it's just silly and they should definitely introduce some back. New Born, Bliss and Citizen should be staples, and Plug In Baby i guess but i could happily not hear that song again for a long time, although i wouldn't be surprised if it's just Plug In Baby they do at Glastonbury

I think plug in baby will be cert, and probably new born but after those two its interesting to say. Id like to see feeling good too, that would be a crowd pleaser and something to get singing along too

6 minutes ago, across97 said:

I think plug in baby will be cert, and probably new born but after those two its interesting to say. Id like to see feeling good too, that would be a crowd pleaser and something to get singing along too

Tbh they haven't played New Born regularly at all since 2011.

Really hope they don't play Feeling Good.

Citizen Erased and Bliss should be in every set, though.

4 minutes ago, across97 said:

not a popular song on these forums i don't think :P Matt and that bloody megaphone

i would give a list of songs they should cut and add but i'd just end up with a list of songs from the first four albums and that's it. forever grateful i saw them on the BH&R tour

1 minute ago, Will-2609 said:

Tbh they haven't played New Born regularly at all since 2011.

Really hope they don't play Feeling Good.

Citizen Erased and Bliss should be in every set, though.

New born looks insane live, never seen Muse live so glastonbury may be my first. But the more they play OoS and BHAR the better for me personally. Do like odds and ends from drones and 2nd law though too

Just now, across97 said:

New born looks insane live, never seen Muse live so glastonbury may be my first. But the more they play OoS and BHAR the better for me personally. Do like odds and ends from drones and 2nd law though too

Ah fair enough. Yeah New Born is brilliant live (although it went through a phase of being played at a lower tempo which was shite) and I'd like them to play it.

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

not a popular song on these forums i don't think :P Matt and that bloody megaphone

i would give a list of songs they should cut and add but i'd just end up with a list of songs from the first four albums and that's it. forever grateful i saw them on the BH&R tour

That would be a good tour to see them, do love that album. Id like panic station and supremacy from 2nd law in there too. Muse arent the most popular on here by the looks of things  but I have no doubt they will put on a pretty immense show