Headliners 2016

thewayiam

Just now, A Guy Called Matt said:

So are Jizz headling on Sunday then?

If they are we could create loads of Jizz to repel them.

I would strongly suggest that if Coldplay were to headline that the production of jizz on an industrial scale at the point that they take to the stage would be the only appropriate action.

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Mash011 said:

Literally stole it from twitter and changed the band's name, what a mug.

To be fair, that joke is way older than twitter.

I heard versions of it in the 90s (with the person being Irish instead of Muslim), and I assume it goes back much further than that.

1 hour ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

A change of avatar, but still all discussions lead to Depeche Mode and New Order. Never change, easty :D

I think it was justified this time mate

1 hour ago, theDandy said:

Incorrect

Just because you say incorrect does not make it true. The Beatles for all their experimentation were predominantly just a 4 piece beat combo. I have no doubt though if they had appeared a decade or so later that they would have fully embraced all the new technology that was appearing and branched out in other directions.

48 minutes ago, sisco said:

I love Coldplay and hate Radiohead..... I'm like the glitch in the efestivals network!

I am not a lover of either to be honest

7 minutes ago, incident said:

I heard versions of it in the 90s (with the person being Irish instead of Muslim), and I assume it goes back much further than that.

Yeah as it plays on the stereotypes and discrimination of the listener you could insert any misrepresented ethnicity or social group. 

9 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Just because you say incorrect does not make it true. The Beatles for all their experimentation were predominantly just a 4 piece beat combo. I have no doubt though if they had appeared a decade or so later that they would have fully embraced all the new technology that was appearing and branched out in other directions.

I disagree

26 minutes ago, incident said:

It goes back to at least 793 AD:

Alfred of Northumberland: 'Excuse me, are you Sven Magnusson? I think you must've dropped your wallet.'

Sven: 'May Odin bless and protect you, my friend, you are an honourable man. In return, let me tell you this. Stay away from Lindisfarne on Saturday week.'

3 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I am an electrical engineer mate. I am always going to veer towards the groups who pioneered sound synthesis using electrical components rather than the ones who pluck strings or bang a stick on animal skins.

And you claim not to like Radiohead? You sound exactly like a Radiohead fan.

4 minutes ago, tonyblair said:

a 4 piece beat combo is a reasonable description of them. Why use the word 'just' though, as if it's a triviality...?

I did not mean it in that manner it may have come across and yes you are correct, there is absolutely nothing trivial about the Beatles.

As far as how diverse they were, they were limited by the tools they had at their disposal unfortunately.

2 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

It goes back to at least 793 AD:

Alfred of Northumberland: 'Excuse me, are you Sven Magnusson? I think you must've dropped your wallet.'

Sven: 'May Odin bless and protect you, my friend, you are an honourable man. In return, let me tell you this. Stay away from Lindisfarne on Saturday week.'

It's funny because it's not how you would expect Sven Magnusson to behave. 

1 minute ago, A Guy Called Matt said:

Joy Division with a happy sounding singer would simply not work.

You are entirely correct. It is even sadder when you factor in the poor soul meant every word he sang. It is too heavy for me. Do I appreciate the likes of Radiohead and JD? Damn right I do, they have my upmost respect. Yet I can't listen to them for a prolonged period of time. There is no way I could go and watch either live as I just would not enjoy it personally. One or two songs here and there is fine but an extended period of it has an effect on me.

Each to their own at the end of the day. Life can be hard enough as it is. The last thing I want to do after a hard days graft is listen to music that brings me down. 

The ironic thing here is that I love The Smiths. They have this reputation as being miserable yet I do not find them miserable in any way. The music is generally uplifting and I find Morriseys lyrics funny. I know Suffer Little Children and How Soon Is Now are extremely dark but I think them songs have given The Smiths a reputation that they do not really deserve.

12 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I am an electrical engineer mate. I am always going to veer towards the groups who pioneered sound synthesis using electrical components rather than the ones who pluck strings or bang a stick on animal skins.

There's still only 12 notes no matter what you're playing them on. The creativity & diversity that the Beatles showed over the space of 7 years on 13 (if you count Yellow Submarine) albums was extraordinary. 

McCartney was 28 when they split. 28 with that body of work behind him. Unbelievable. 

Do you really think they would have better if they had a synth? 

On 06/05/2015 at 5:31 PM, blackred said:

Serious guess

I would be surprised if at least one of Coldplay, Muse or Radiohead aren't there with them all having new material due before then.

Last year after over 1000 pages we finally got the headliners and found out that someone had guess right on page two of the thread.......... so I went back and looked at page two of this years thread.

Found this and quoted it.