Headliners 2016

thewayiam

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I will be honest here, I do not think gig prices are too bad. Generally I tend to pay between 20 - 45 for gigs. Considering music and gigs are my major passion then I have no problem paying. When you consider I have just paid £52 to go and watch City at Liverpool, then paying £40 to see a band you may only get the opportunity to see once every 4 years does not seem so bad.

What does piss me off though are the fees attached purchasing a ticket. How buying a £35 ticket can actually cost you nearer £45 due to fees is a disgrace. How can it be right when you are charged £2 to print off your own ticket at home?

This is my main issue. I was trying to get Weezer tickets a few weeks ago and the London show was £45 a ticket (I believe), and for two tickets with fees and postage it ended up totalling £120. As much as I love Weezer I just couldn't justify paying essentially £60 a ticket for an Academy level show. 

It's getting to the point where I go to gigs less and less. When I'm paying 1/4 the price of a Glastonbury ticket to see Weezer in Brixton I feel it's time to draw the line.

10 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

Paying to print off your tickets is just madness , no idea how it is legal 

Took my lad to a local comic thing last weekend and charged £1 handling fee...but had to print or show on phone so what the hell was being handled?

A booking fee maybe to be transparent what is going to ticket seller but per transaction not ticket. 

21 minutes ago, jparx said:

This is my main issue. I was trying to get Weezer tickets a few weeks ago and the London show was £45 a ticket (I believe), and for two tickets with fees and postage it ended up totalling £120. As much as I love Weezer I just couldn't justify paying essentially £60 a ticket for an Academy level show. 

It's getting to the point where I go to gigs less and less. When I'm paying 1/4 the price of a Glastonbury ticket to see Weezer in Brixton I feel it's time to draw the line.

It is wrong and totally unjustified. It is despicable how these companies prey on the emotional attachment we have with the music we love. They know we will pay it and if we don't, some richer mug will. The whole ticketing industry in this country is scandalous. Be that from initially purchasing a ticket to the legalised touts in the form of Viagogo etc.  

13 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Same as the gigs though. For the big clubs for every person that tears up a reason ticket, there are ten waiting to take his place. While ever there are people with enough money willing to pay neither price will come down. 

In regards to music and gigs, I can kind of understand the prices due to live performances being a major part of a bands income. There is no such excuse in regards to football, especially at the top level, considering match day income makes up a minuscule amount of the clubs turn over.

Just to add, I currently have a Stone Roses ticket up for sale on Viagogo (Twickets would not let me list it as it is in Ireland).

I was trying to sell it for £50 (cost me £75 all in). If any efester wants it, they can have it in return for a t shirt from the gig (can be one of the cheap ones from outside).

I am going to watch New Order in Manchester the same night and rather than me struggle to try and sell it, I would rather it went to someone who will appreciate it.

On 28/10/2015 at 4:37 PM, Scruffylovemonster said:

As an area not spent much time up there at night till last year and totally agree with this.

However for watching a headline band, have now seen Mogwai and the furries and think it's brilliant. Just don't hang around there afterwards, or if I'm not interested in the headliner.

Yeah, watching Gaz Coombes, The Fall and Dinoaur Jr recently whilst overlooking the site is great.

As was Goat at dusk time actually. Must just be when it's dark

Ryan Adams was the set of the weekend too.

4 hours ago, eastynh said:

It was a joke but we could have done with an armed guard when they were all bricking our coaches on the way back to the M62 a few weeks ago.

Only place in the Uk where I have seen coaches still getting bricked at football matches is Liverpool.

You know why? Because Man City fans are so lovely. Evidence?

First: http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/mass-brawl-following-evertons-victory-10697663

Second: http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/man-city-punch-everton-video-10807684

Third: http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/disabled-everton-fan-traumatised-after-10810609

Nice reading.

2 minutes ago, Superscally said:

There is no excuse for violence in any form and this thread is not the place to discuss in regards to events at football matches. If you want to discuss it via pm then you are more than welcome as I also have personal stories in regards to being on the receiving end of bricks through the windows on coaches travelling from matches in Liverpool.

I was also at Goodison this year for the semi final and that news paper report is a load of shit.

Not like Scousers to get upset over a light hearted comment is it?

Just now, eastynh said:

There is no excuse for violence in any form and this thread is not the place to discuss in regards to events at football matches. If you want to discuss it via pm then you are more than welcome as I also have personal stories in regards to being on the receiving end of bricks through the windows on coaches travelling from matches in Liverpool.

I was also at Goodison this year for the semi final and that news paper report is a load of shit.

Not like Scousers to get upset over a light hearted comment is it?

You started the football mudslinging, remember, as well as general disparaging of a city. The report wasn't a load of shit. You may not have seen it, but I work in the area and the damage caused by City fans to the local cemetery which is about 800m from the ground was disgusting. I have a friend who was on duty as a Bobby (Arsenal supporting Cockney) who witnessed City fans spitting at women and kids, as well as bottle throwing and punches being thrown. They went over to intervene, but they scattered onto coaches and couldn't be identified. I don't want to hide this reply in a pm sorry, as I don't wish facts to be whitewashed.

1 minute ago, Superscally said:

You started the football mudslinging, remember, as well as general disparaging of a city. The report wasn't a load of shit. You may not have seen it, but I work in the area and the damage caused by City fans to the local cemetery which is about 800m from the ground was disgusting. I have a friend who was on duty as a Bobby (Arsenal supporting Cockney) who witnessed City fans spitting at women and kids, as well as bottle throwing and punches being thrown. They went over to intervene, but they scattered onto coaches and couldn't be identified. I don't want to hide this reply in a pm sorry, as I don't wish facts to be whitewashed.

Were you there as a witness to any of those events as I was. It had nothing to do with wanting to hide behind pm's and more to do with the fact I would not want to bore the rest of the forum with discussions over football between a Manc and a Scouser on what is a music forum.

If the accusations which you are saying are true then they are a disgrace. Please do not associate them with me just because of the football team I support. I am not remotely a violent person in any way and I abhor behaviour such as that. What I will say is that from my experiences a few weeks ago at Goodison, it was nothing like you have said. Just because it was printed in the Liverpool Echo does not make it true

Now I apologise if you took what was intended to be a light hearted comment to heart. It was not my intention to cause any offence.

2 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Were you there as a witness to any of those events as I was. It had nothing to do with wanting to hide behind pm's and more to do with the fact I would not want to bore the rest of the forum with discussions over football between a Manc and a Scouser on what is a music forum.

If the accusations which you are saying are true then they are a disgrace. Please do not associate them with me just because of the football team I support. I am not remotely a violent person in any way and I abhor behaviour such as that. What I will say is that from my experiences a few weeks ago at Goodison, it was nothing like you have said. Just because it was printed in the Liverpool Echo does not make it true

Now I apologise if you took what was intended to be a light hearted comment to heart. It was not my intention to cause any offence.

I have personally seen the damage done to the cemetery, which seeing as I bet every Scouse Evertonian at that match has a relative in there was very unlikely to have been committed by them and seeing as 20 other teams or so would visit there, many of which Everton fans would dislike more, I reckon we can safely assume it was the City fans, especially when accompanied by the articles, one of which I believe has actual video footage of an assault in. I'm also sure there are laws against printing complete mistruths. 

Thank you for your apology. Don't come up with more inflammatory remarks unrelated to music on a light-hearted music forum in the future and we won't be boring people. 

1 hour ago, eastynh said:

Just to add, I currently have a Stone Roses ticket up for sale on Viagogo (Twickets would not let me list it as it is in Ireland).

I was trying to sell it for £50 (cost me £75 all in). If any efester wants it, they can have it in return for a t shirt from the gig (can be one of the cheap ones from outside).

I am going to watch New Order in Manchester the same night and rather than me struggle to try and sell it, I would rather it went to someone who will appreciate it.

I'm going the New Order gig as well. Can't help sell your Roses ticket but I'm excited :D

Just noticed this tweet from Emily, responding to that poster that was doing the rounds:

The interesting but isn't that it's fake (we knew that), but that she says the lineup is out in the next 'couple' of months.

Now does she actually mean 'couple' as in two months, so by the end of March, or does she mean it in the colloquial sense, meaning 1-4 months time? In other words, is this actually useful information?