thewayiam

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Purple aki squat said:

Armed guard??

Fucks sake

It was a joke but we could have done with an armed guard when they were all bricking our coaches on the way back to the M62 a few weeks ago.

Only place in the Uk where I have seen coaches still getting bricked at football matches is Liverpool.

9 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

I always get so indignant about these sort of facts, then realise that I am doing so from a position of relative/significant/total ignorance.

So, anyone in the know - is there any justification for the sort of prices that are more frequently being charged (£82+ for Beyonce, £75+ for Muse etc.) in terms of costs, overheads and those involved turning an appropriate, proportionate profit? Or are they just taking the piss to ever increasing degrees?

Ben

On Radiohead's last tour, tickets were £75 or so for the O2, but I think that was because they made sure everyone involved was being paid the living wage... but I can't find a source for it right now.

7 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Small Act £15

Medium sized act £25-30

Big Act £40 - 50

imo

but of course it will never be that way

I think that's fair enough. As someone else said earlier in the thread if it's an big outdoor gig with 2 or 3 solid supports I'd be happy to pay around £60. £50 plus for a big arena show is pish.

11 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Small Act £15

Medium sized act £25-30

Big Act £40 - 50

imo

but of course it will never be that way

Pretty much agree there Matt. I'd actually happily pay a little more for smaller acts starting act as they often need the money more. £5 extra to some kids starting out means hell of a lot more than £5 more for a huge act. 

Much of my gig going is O2 Academy size, small arenas, places like the Fleece, Thekla in Bristol. Outside of festivals, and one exception, I don't think I've ever been to a place with a bigger capacity than 5k which I suppose means I'm never really exposed to huge prices which are more your O2 Arena venues. The one exception was Suede at the O2 Arena a few years ago and that put me off for life going to venue's that size. 

Edited by Keithy

I will be honest here, I do not think gig prices are too bad. Generally I tend to pay between 20 - 45 for gigs. Considering music and gigs are my major passion then I have no problem paying. When you consider I have just paid £52 to go and watch City at Liverpool, then paying £40 to see a band you may only get the opportunity to see once every 4 years does not seem so bad.

What does piss me off though are the fees attached purchasing a ticket. How buying a £35 ticket can actually cost you nearer £45 due to fees is a disgrace. How can it be right when you are charged £2 to print off your own ticket at home?

Edited by eastynh

Yeah, I'm more concerned with the price of a pint than the price of the gigs I go to.

Although I am still so unsure of whether or not I like the tiered pricing systems that lots of clubs employ. Me and my friends are quite on the ball and get lots of tickets for £5-10 whereas lots of others pay £25 - which I wouldn't pay.