Headliners 2016

thewayiam

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, More rain said:

Interesting, do you have a source?

I can tell you first hand this is 100% not the case over the last 5 years.

I'm not saying Glasto is paying standard rates to their headliners - I know they pay far less than other festivals - I'm saying the amount of increase in their headliner fees seems to have increased by above inflation over recent years.

Just pulling up what I can remember (there'll be mentions of these somewhere, i'm sure), they were supposedly paying around £100k in about 2000-ish. They supposedly paid the stones £750k - which is I know is extra high, because of who the band is. And one of the times Coldplay played they gave their fee to oxfam or makepovertyhistory or something, and I'm pretty sure that was reported as £300k.

Against that £100k in 2000-ish, £300k in any later year would be a more than inflation rise.

Edited by eFestivals

Last year I was relieved that Fleetwood Mac didn't headline Glasto because my ticket had to go in the resale and I had been dying to see them.  Spent my Glasto money on their gig at the o2 instead. £90 + fees to be in the rafters. Ridiculous!  Especially as it was completely devoid of atmosphere. I won't go to these gigs anymore. I will get my fill at Glasto.

9 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

christ, first TITP and now BST may be getting in on RHCP as well? that Reading lineup is looking weaker and weaker

Only a maybe on RHCP. Apparently there's question marks about them get a licence for it or something. I presume that's in regard to Hyde Park's noise restrictions/curfew. 

5 minutes ago, teaconsumer said:

Only a maybe on RHCP. Apparently there's question marks about them get a licence for it or something. I presume that's in regard to Hyde Park's noise restrictions/curfew. 

RHCP are perfect for Hyde Park. The quieter they are, the better they'll sound.

19 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Off the top of my head, Metallica and U2 headline gigs were well short of their usual length. U2 only played an hour and 35 minutes. 19 songs. Mary J Blige played 19 songs last year at 5pm.

Yeah there's a couple. But equally I think Gorillaz, Arctic Monkeys and Arcade Fire were similar length to their normal gigs. Even Bruce got a longer set. Can't imagine bands such as Kasabian/Florence/Mumford played a lot less either when headlining.

13 minutes ago, strummer77 said:

Even Bruce got a longer set. 

Nah Bruce played 3 hrs + on that tour most of the time. Think he did 2 hours 20 ish at Glasto? Theres another one then.

Just to put into perspective, it is £70 to watch Peter Andre in Liverpool.

Assumed you were taking the piss but checked it. Some ticket 90 quid with bastard fees. Bastard fees are £9.25, OVER 10%!! :rofl:

Peter Andre and Live Nation sat down around a table a few months back. "Peter, you know the sort of thickos who listen to your music? How much can we charge these c**ts to see you do you reckon?"

Edited by The Nal

1 minute ago, karaseen said:

I don't feel so bad about the £90 for fleetwood now...Surely that £70 included a meet and greet?

You would hope it included armed guard in and out of Liverpool for that price. It has just come up on my twitter feed via Twickets. It seemed pretty apt to mention it considering people were discussing costs on this thread.

There is no justification what so ever to charge £70 for a Peter Andre gig. That is nothing short of disgraceful. Again to add some perspective to that, it cost me £74 for a flight and ticket to go and watch New Order in Berlin. Added to to that beer was half the price in Berlin.  

11 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Nah Bruce played 3 hrs + on that tour most of the time. Think he did 2 hours 20 ish at Glasto? Theres another one then.

Assumed you were taking the piss but checked it. Some ticket 90 quid with bastard fees. Bastard fees are £9.25, OVER 10%!! :rofl:

Peter Andre and Live Nation sat down around a table a few months back. "Peter, you know the sort of thickos who listen to your music? How much can we charge these c**ts to see you do you reckon?"

Take that back

9 minutes ago, eastynh said:

You would hope it included armed guard in and out of Liverpool for that price. It has just come up on my twitter feed via Twickets. It seemed pretty apt to mention it considering people were discussing costs on this thread.

There is no justification what so ever to charge £70 for a Peter Andre gig. That is nothing short of disgraceful. Again to add some perspective to that, it cost me £74 for a flight and ticket to go and watch New Order in Berlin. Added to to that beer was half the price in Berlin.  

Armed guard??

Fucks sake