Headliners 2016

thewayiam

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What was the Glastonbury themed deal all about at the halftime show? Wasn't planning on watching any of the Super Bowl but the lovely people in charge of the Nottingham tram network decided to replace a load of track outside my apartment at 2:30am. Thankfully I got woken up after the Coldplay deal so I didn't have to sit through Bruno Mars.

7 minutes ago, jparx said:

What was the Glastonbury themed deal all about at the halftime show? Wasn't planning on watching any of the Super Bowl but the lovely people in charge of the Nottingham tram network decided to replace a load of track outside my apartment at 2:30am. Thankfully I got woken up after the Coldplay deal so I didn't have to sit through Bruno Mars.

There wasn't anything really. I saw some grass and lots of people. That's about it.

3 hours ago, Mash011 said:

Beyonce has a glastonbury sized gap with UK dates starting on the 28th June. Won't be a headliner but you can bet she'll appear with Coldplay. 

Yeah it looks very probably with the dates announced. No one ever does more thab 1 night at Sunderland either I don't think lol. No more encouraging to go to the set though.

9 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Personally, I'm not convinced she'll be *that* big of a draw either. I have a feeling that the Venn diagram of Glastonbury's demographic and Adele album buyers isn't all that massive.

How big was Beyonce's crowd, stu? :P

That aside, I happen to know that bands who have been told they'll be playing at around the same time as Adele aren't very keen to have that slot as they're worried they'll be playing to an empty field.

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

How big was Beyonce's crowd, stu? :P

That aside, I happen to know that bands who have been told they'll be playing at around the same time as Adele aren't very keen to have that slot as they're worried they'll be playing to an empty field.

Does this mean you are now confident Adeles playing?

4 minutes ago, RossTC said:

I'm a big coldplay fan but that half time show was shite, why on earth did they let Bruno and Beyonce take up valuable minutes when they only get 12 to perform!

I take it you've never watched the show at superbowl before, because it's always the most dreadful plastic shite that the yanks love. ;)