Headliners 2016

thewayiam

40 minutes ago, Badlands said:

I’m probably a bit more forgiven than the average punter because I like his music so much. The start was up there with the best of his shows I’ve seen, but other than that it just didn’t work.

9 out of 10 all the way up to Black Skinhead when that tit came onstage interrupting him. My mates left straight after and I watched the rest of it on my own which didn’t help matter.

It just deteriorated badly for me. The bit with the guy from Bon Iver was an awful idea. Bohemian Rhapsody even worse. The crane idea might have looked good on paper but took too long to sort. And even then, it wasn’t much of a spectacle really!

I’ve got it on Sky Plus and must have watched the first half an hour plenty times, it still looks and sounds fantastic, I just wish he could have maintained it. Stronger into Power is just breath-taking.

What?!!! The best was him running on stage to interrupt it, I wish I had seen that :)))

Edited by thewayiam

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just listening to Black Holes & Revelations for the first time in probably 6-7 years. Still sounding good. Couldn't care about anything they've released since then though. The BH&R set is just speculation with no substance though isn't it?

1 minute ago, Alan_C said:

Just listening to Black Holes & Revelations for the first time in probably 6-7 years. Still sounding good. Couldn't care about anything they've released since then though. The BH&R set is just speculation with no substance though isn't it?

yeah i wouldn't put much faith in that at all - somebody posted on here that somebody had heard Muse were ramping up something special for a Glastonbury performance, and assumed it was BH&R in full due to it being the tenth anniversary, although somebody else then noted that they'd heard Muse had attempted to use the BBC orchestra for their Glastonbury performance, so the 'something special' is more than likely the orchestra and not the album in full (if they're playing at all, of course)

it'd be weird for them to do BH&R in full but not Absolution a few years back which was arguably the bigger/better album

Having a look at the 'The Thingy' (What a fantastic thing) and although it is near impossible to spot a pattern but for the majority of the time we have had at least one headliner by end of feb. Surely it has to be the same this year with everyone knowing its coldplay, coldplay seemingly making it obvious theyre playing? Or is it more complicated than that?

10 minutes ago, across97 said:

Having a look at the 'The Thingy' (What a fantastic thing) and although it is near impossible to spot a pattern but for the majority of the time we have had at least one headliner by end of feb. Surely it has to be the same this year with everyone knowing its coldplay, coldplay seemingly making it obvious theyre playing? Or is it more complicated than that?

Coldplay still have Wembley tickets to sell so I doubt they'd be announced before those have sold out.

6 minutes ago, across97 said:

I think we are definitely due a headliner. With Coldplays impending Superbowl halftime show i would be a bit surprised if Glasto didnt sieze the chance to announce while they dominate mainstream media outlets.

Saying that, alot would depend on how Coldplays shows this summer are selling.

4 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Coldplay still have Wembley tickets to sell so I doubt they'd be announced before those have sold out.

Arent they playing like 4 nights though or something with the other 3 nights sold out? Would the fourth date that was added late really delay it?

4 minutes ago, T-Mouse said:

I think we are definitely due a headliner. With Coldplays impending Superbowl halftime show i would be a bit surprised if Glasto didnt sieze the chance to announce while they dominate mainstream media outlets.

Saying that, alot would depend on how Coldplays shows this summer are selling.

Selling well it seems, but Id think this whole 'glastonbury themed' superbowl show basically tees up an imminent announcement perfectly. But the longer they make people wait for an announcement the better though I suppose for glastonbury. Not as if other festivals have been amazing and sparked a reaction from glastonbury to get some names out

13 minutes ago, across97 said:

Selling well it seems, but Id think this whole 'glastonbury themed' superbowl show basically tees up an imminent announcement perfectly. 

I can see him announcing at the end of the half time show
"Thankyou for a great night we will see you for the rel thing in june"

If not NME awards

2 hours ago, sisco said:

Seems so. 

Shame, the missus wants to go now but don't get back from the Euro's till the Friday. 

There's a Facebook fan group buying and selling at face value, might be worth a look.

think it's called "Coldplay tickets for real fans face value only buy/sell & trade"

15 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Y'know who doesn't have shows to sell? Radiohead. Get em announced

I think if you were getting Radiohead as a proper headline set, you would know by now. It's been 3 weeks since any euro announcement from them, and both the previous were inside about 2 days of each other.

They know that a LOT of focus will be on them if they ever decided to headline again, and I don't think that's what Thom wants. It's not the image of that at other festivals they play I don't think but over years for a lot of people now Glasto is the one that eludes them.

Edited by thewayiam