Headliners 2016

thewayiam

I've only seen Coldplay once before, on the week that Parachutes was released they played in Ronnies Scotts Jazz Club in Birmingham, so to see them headline the festival, for me, would be a cool second watch, the two experiences really couldnt be further apart.

I saw Muse headline in 2010, I loved them, and have no desire to see them do it again, to me they've done nothing further to warrant the gig.

I'm not arsed about Adele, but my wife and daughter would like it, so I'll take her headlining.

I've never seen the Foo's, so I'd like them but I've seen Radiohead a few times, so I'm non-plussed regarding them playing. The Roses? I've seen them twice and I'd LOVE them to do it!

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

It wasn't just Noel, but whatever.

Kanye shouting he was the greatest rock star in the world was shouted specifically to wind up the pricks who demanded he be replaced with a rock band, as was "forgetting" the words to Queen. Kanye stuck two fingers up at the petitioners in spectacular fashion. All the sequelers of "How can he call himself a rock star when he doesn't have a proper haircut, tunes, or instruments!?" were reacting exactly how he wanted them to.

It was just Noel the way he said what he said, yes other people said 'things' but every headers get 'things' said. He still carriea that greatest rock star rubbish now. Why do people not look past the bullshit and trying to defend something and just actually say how it is. It's another situation of liking someone, whether you do or you don't, let's not dress up the invisible.

12 hours ago, admscott said:

Why so angry, man? It's just a bit of music. 

Not angry at all man lol.

25 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

Muse have just announced Moscow on the 21st 

That's plenty time to get themselves across for the Saturday.

Wasn't that fussed on Radiohead but by god I'd have preferred them to Bellamy and Co. 

We're doomed!*

*To go see LCD on the other instead

6 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

or even better, as far away from the UK as possible so there's no chance they could be one of the headliners

Tokyo on Saturday 25th *fingers crossed*

Poor Muse. In any other circumstance I'd be fairly happy to see them headline, but with Adele and Coldplay looking so likely and Radiohead waiting in the wings...they really can do one this year haha.

Coldplay do nothing to quell the rumours:

Coldplay: Super Bowl 50 half-time show will be inspired by Glastonbury

The band say the ‘colour and pageantry’ of the music festival they have headlined three times will influence their 12-minute show on Sunday[/quote]

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2016/feb/05/coldplay-super-bowl-50-half-time-show-will-be-inspired-by-glastonbury

32 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Yeah, would be weird as fuck to do a 'Glastonbury themed' set if they're not headlining this year. I mean, it's still a pretty weird thing to do in the middle of America's biggest sporting event but there you go 

17 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Kanye shouting he was the greatest rock star in the world was shouted specifically to wind up the pricks who demanded he be replaced with a rock band, as was "forgetting" the words to Queen. Kanye stuck two fingers up at the petitioners in spectacular fashion. All the sequelers of "How can he call himself a rock star when he doesn't have a proper haircut, tunes, or instruments!?" were reacting exactly how he wanted them to.

Which would have been fine if he'd backed it up by being great.

His set was lacklustre ... actually no, it was bad, awful in fact.  Now I loves me some Kanye, not in the way Riccardo Tisci does, but still I love the music.  The performance at Glastonbury was just straight up bad, the set idea was amazing though, the lights and just him in it.  It looked fantastic.  It sounded poor.

It was totally a missed opportunity to silence any critics.  You know what you do when you don't have the ability to silence critics with your performance and skill, you make a joke of it.  So well done Kanye, you are a live joke.

I thought everything about the set was brilliant (setlist/lights/build up etc etc) except the biggest thing that mattered, the performance. He just kept fucking things up time and time again, Hold My Liquor being the biggest obvious disaster of the night but it was the littler things, like messing the verse up to All Falls Down, that he kept doing and it really ruined the show for me.

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

This and with Adele with them. Haha. Its really weird that they're doing a performance based of an English festival though. Wouldn't surprise to see the glastonbury tor on the stage. Kind of like the Olympic opening. 

3 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

This and with Adele with them. Haha. Its really weird that they're doing a performance based of an English festival though. Wouldn't surprise to see the glastonbury tor on the stage. Kind of like the Olympic opening. 

where are people getting this stuff about Adele joining them from? from what I've seen only Beyonce has been mentioned and another former Super Bowl act (who it now seems is being rumoured to be Bruno Mars). i can't see how Adele, who's shows will no doubt be understated and simple, could ever fit in to something like the Super Bowl where people jump out of the ground and people dance around in shark outfits

9 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

where are people getting this stuff about Adele joining them from? from what I've seen only Beyonce has been mentioned and another former Super Bowl act (who it now seems is being rumoured to be Bruno Mars). i can't see how Adele, who's shows will no doubt be understated and simple, could ever fit in to something like the Super Bowl where people jump out of the ground and people dance around in shark outfits

Chris Martin on Carpool Karaoke this week said he loves Bruno Mars so thats a possibility

Edited by wozwebs

2 hours ago, somecoolusername said:

Yeah, would be weird as fuck to do a 'Glastonbury themed' set if they're not headlining this year. I mean, it's still a pretty weird thing to do in the middle of America's biggest sporting event but there you go 

Not many tight ends around the long drops 

I’m probably a bit more forgiven than the average punter because I like his music so much. The start was up there with the best of his shows I’ve seen, but other than that it just didn’t work.

9 out of 10 all the way up to Black Skinhead when that tit came onstage interrupting him. My mates left straight after and I watched the rest of it on my own which didn’t help matter.

It just deteriorated badly for me. The bit with the guy from Bon Iver was an awful idea. Bohemian Rhapsody even worse. The crane idea might have looked good on paper but took too long to sort. And even then, it wasn’t much of a spectacle really!

I’ve got it on Sky Plus and must have watched the first half an hour plenty times, it still looks and sounds fantastic, I just wish he could have maintained it. Stronger into Power is just breath-taking.

i've still yet to watch the BBC coverage. i was absolutely fucked that night and had the time of my life, so have been somewhat apprehensive of watching it incase i realise that he was actually a bit shit, although i guess i enjoyed it at the time so that doesn't really matter. might watch it later