Headliners 2016

thewayiam

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Muse's popularity has dwindled to the extent that they are comfortable to take lesser slots? As mentioned it's happened to other bands who have returned to Glastonbury.

3 years ago they were playing stadium dates, now it's arenas. I certainly think there's less of a clamour for them than there was when they last headlined. Saying that, maybe that's just from myself and my friends...

Are Muse still popular with the kids? They seem to be in that awkward position of not fitting into the listener demographic for Radio 1, or 6 Music any more.

9 minutes ago, jackarmy said:

Maybe Muse's popularity has dwindled to the extent that they are comfortable to take lesser slots? As mentioned it's happened to other bands who have returned to Glastonbury.

3 years ago they were playing stadium dates, now it's arenas. I certainly think there's less of a clamour for them than there was when they last headlined. Saying that, maybe that's just from myself and my friends...

Are Muse still popular with the kids? They seem to be in that awkward position of not fitting into the listener demographic for Radio 1, or 6 Music any more.

It's certainly dwindled enough that they wanted to offer 20k at a time over different nights than push 90k for one night, not sure they would have got through two this time if tried.

3 minutes ago, morph100 said:

Could muse be taking a sub slot so they can play BH&R in full rather than a greatest hits headliner slot?

Radiohead
Adele
ZZ Top
Will Smith

Foo Fighters
Ellie G
Iggy Pop

Coldplay
Muse (BH&R) Special guest slot
Tame Impala
ELO

Disclosure
Bastille

CATB

New Order
The 1975

HAIM

LCD
BMTH

Bloc Party

34 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

It's certainly dwindled enough that they wanted to offer 20k at a time over different nights than push 90k for one night, not sure they would have got through two this time if tried.

Radiohead
Adele
ZZ Top
Will Smith

Foo Fighters
Ellie G
Iggy Pop

Coldplay
Tame Impala
ELO

Disclosure
Bastille

CATB

New Order
The 1975

HAIM

LCD
BMTH

Bloc Party

So many clashes, but the potential line up looking very strong now.

4 minutes ago, Jcatley said:

So many clashes, but the potential line up looking very strong now.

It is if you find a place for them all and go with Foo's from The Sun. The only way Muse might pull lower off is an album show, Adele's choice for that slot and tbh I'm not even sure past Faithless now who else could sub. Iggy could play 4th like Burt to be honest. You could but CATB on Pyramid but where I don't know and I think the JP/ Enter Shikari slot if you like would fit, especially up against RH.

I reckon also Underworld and EW&F for WHS headers. 

40 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Radiohead
Adele
ZZ Top
Will Smith

Foo Fighters
Ellie G
Iggy Pop

Coldplay
Tame Impala
ELO

Disclosure
Bastille

CATB

New Order
The 1975

HAIM

LCD
BMTH

Bloc Party

What the u he'll have you been smoking?? Because I want some of it!!

Radiohead, Adele, Foos, Coldplay and Muse!!! No chance

3 minutes ago, sisco said:

What the u he'll have you been smoking?? Because I want some of it!!

Radiohead, Adele, Foos, Coldplay and Muse!!! No chance

The fact that you can't 100% rule any out and there is a source of some kind that isn't completely seen as bull to potentially put them all there. Obviously on a realistic note, I only deep down think 3 out of 5 of them will be there but I see nothing to change it but to make a change and take one out who I think is least likely, I'll drop Adele out and go for Faithless subbing.

Muse adele coldplay

Radiohead adele coldplay

Foo's Radiohead coldplay

I mean the same 4 could be talked about all day but which 3 will be there no one knows but then again maybe something might just pop up what hasn't really been rumoured and might blow us all away! (which i think will happen)

2 minutes ago, Robinn said:

Ok, if we really consider a line-up with Radiohead, Muse, Adele AND Coldplay a realistic option....

how likely is it that the Pyramid/main stages start on thursday?

0%. The licence doesn't allow for anything on the main stages on the weds or the thurs. the only thing ever happening on those stages are soundchecks and every few years live coverage of an England football match at a tournament. 

Just now, balti-pie said:

0%. The licence doesn't allow for anything on the main stages on the weds or the thurs. the only thing ever happening on those stages are soundchecks and every few years live coverage of an England football match at a tournament. 

Which won't happen sadly since England's fixtures don't play around glasto (last 16 is on a glasto day but only on a weekend when bands are playing)

28 minutes ago, SloopJohnB said:

I can't help thinking that sights are being set way too high

True that. We have all gotten carried away. It must end.

The headliners are going to be Muse Adele and Coldplay. There will be no saving grace. Accept it and move on.

21 minutes ago, Couchy said:

Let's be honest, most people would say "that's a great set of headliners" if they walked past a Glastonbury poster

We aren't 'most people' though, Couchy. We're sarcastic, pedantic, obsessive, bitter, music snobs who post on a forum all day. 

That's why we know best and everyone else? They're idiots.

4 hours ago, Time Being said:

Just out of curiosity, what would a batch of new school, give-a-shot-to-the-up-and-comer headliners look like?

Tame Impala, Ellie Goulding, Kendrick Lamar, Disclosure, Foals, Sam Smith...?

I just want an excuse to post this but anyone questioning Foals headliner credentials (or just bored) should watch this, they're currently smashing Paris http://concert.arte.tv/fr/foals-lolympia