Headliners 2016

thewayiam

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, thewayiam said:

6 Music rarely do plays jams, it's not often that sort of radio station.

They are but that's not me telling someone they can't like them, but you can appreciate another person's opinion and double standard it by two other acts that are similarly both seen in the same way. There is defending one of them as different because you like them and then there is cutting the bullshit out and telling it like it is.

I don't know that I would go and see her she is no dreary to some people than Radiohead/Coldplay/Muse are to some others. Muse maybe not so much given their earlier more upbeat riff stuff, not the latest Drones bull that is poorly attempting to do something.

Mostly you seem to define music as good or bad dependent on whether the band makes "upbeat" music or not. I would say given the simplistic way you look at music, even Zayn Malik's new song is probably a little too much for you. 

7 minutes ago, arcade fireman said:

Mostly you seem to define music as good or bad dependent on whether the band makes "upbeat" music or not. I would say given the simplistic way you look at music, even Zayn Malik's new song is probably a little too much for you. 

Don't try and defend yourself by turning it into something else, you're not helping yourself. For me yes I prefer something more upbeat music, something to dance/jump around to, but you don't have to. 

6 minutes ago, somecoolusername said:

I was trying to make a joke based on your username which I (incorrectly?) assumed referred to the Eminem song. I clearly failed now let's move along

I know what you were trying to do........;P

5 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

Is it from more sources or the same one. 

Has this changed your mind on the headliners?

it's from more than one source, and only one is explicitly or implicitly saying Muse wouldn't be headlining.

Other recent info allows that Muse idea to slot into it, but it also allows for other scenarios too.

It's just a gut feeling more than anything being said that that Muse info might be right. But I still think it's more likely to be wrong.

10 minutes ago, not worthy said:

f$&k me, thewayiam is the mesiah

here I am reading this thread with all this shite aimed at him and whilst doing so I'm listening to 6 music and radiohead just came on

follow him, he knows something

blessed are the sandal makers...

5 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Radiohead have come and shook things up a little and i'd be more inclined to say they're the Friday headliner rather than Muse, but it seems to be definitely out of those 4

Twice you've answered me! Thanks very much

If I actual get the dream of LCD Soundsystem into  Radiohead :o

29 minutes ago, craigb said:

I'd love to see Team Radiohead take on Team Springsteen, I think the forum would imploded 

Thing is, most of the obsessive Springsteen stuff you remember on here was primarily all from one bloke called Jens. Most of the fans were and are fairly normal. It's not even comparable to the multiple Radiohead bores who take any excuse to post a top 5 album/song/thom yorke tshirt colour list.

44 minutes ago, not worthy said:

f$&k me, thewayiam is the mesiah

here I am reading this thread with all this shite aimed at him and whilst doing so I'm listening to 6 music and radiohead just came on

follow him, he knows something

Lol, I don't even need to read up on Radiohead to be more associated with 6 Music than most others to suggest it. I don't dislike all that the radio station plays but there is quite a lot that I do.

I don't see why a previous headliner on the Pyramid should have to headline the Pyramid again if they play subsequently. 

The Chemical Brothers and the Manic Street Preachers come to mind as bands that have returned to other stages after headlining.

I say respect to Muse if they just want to play and aren't precious about getting the top Pyramid slot.

If we actually get Radiohead, Adele, Coldplay & Muse playing sets (be it headline or sub) thats a list the other UK festivals would love! Add in LCD Soundsystem, Foals, ELO and all the others rumoured with a bit of sun and a cider and 2016 sounds like a classic! And if you dont like that go wandering and explore the festival......you will still have a blast!!

And if your still moaning after that......dont pay your balance and let someone else enjoy it all!

peace & love

11 minutes ago, AndyRaine said:

If we actually get Radiohead, Adele, Coldplay & Muse playing sets (be it headline or sub) thats a list the other UK festivals would love! Add in LCD Soundsystem, Foals, ELO and all the others rumoured with a bit of sun and a cider and 2016 sounds like a classic! And if you dont like that go wandering and explore the festival......you will still have a blast!!

And if your still moaning after that......dont pay your balance and let someone else enjoy it all!

peace & love

Peace and love right back to you! Sounds like my kind of festival. Cider, the breakfast of champions...

Neil

Didn't you say you had some info a year or two back where Glastonbury gave Fleetwood Mac to IOW?

Is there a chance that when Radiohead came along, GFL wanted them to headline - and they gave Muse to R&L... however Muse still wanted to play Glastonbury?