Headliners 2016

thewayiam

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, GlastoSimon said:

Muse LCD on Friday, Coldplay New Order on Saturday, Radiohead on Sunday. Sounds like a plan. 

with the likelihood of Radiohead comes the sudden fear of the clashes. Coldplay will be doing the Sunday for sure imo - now just to find out where Radiohead and LCD will... hopefully not both headlining stages on the Friday. fingers crossed the BMTH info was wrong and LCD are in fact headlining the Other on the Sunday

Edited by FloorFiller

7 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

with the likelihood of Radiohead comes the sudden fear of the clashes. Coldplay will be doing the Sunday for sure imo - now just to find out where Radiohead and LCD will... hopefully not both headlining stages on the Friday. fingers crossed the BMTH info was wrong and LCD are in fact headlining the Other on the Sunday

That would screw me over regardless then, as I'd miss out on one of New Order/LCD/Radiohead. 

Coldplay's dates do look bloody ominous don't they? Might have to book up Lovebox and hope Radiohead clash with LCD. 

EDIT: Of course unless as you say LCD headline Other on the Sun, brain not working today

Edited by GlastoSimon

3 minutes ago, Finding leto14 said:

If you were to put a punt on 3 headliners now Neil who would they be?

Oh gawd. :lol:

I'm still mostly with the idea of Muse, Adele and Coldplay.

I find it hard to believe its foos due to a number of different things, and yet it's still quite possibly them. I certainly don't feel confident to rule them out entirely. We do know, after all, that Adele was very definitely in the running, from the words of Martin Elbourne in that mag (which is something I'd heard too, which validates the muse info).

This radiohead info is a spanner in the works. I'm probably giving it less trust (based on it noty fitting with other stuff i've heard) than I should (based on the source's past) ... but I did have that bit of info from another direction about Muse not headlining (which was different to something I'd heard previously)  ... so perhaps that's how it fits.

Hi all.

Pretty new here but just thought I'd ask how accurate some of the sources/guesses have been on their forum over the years? Some of the names I've seen touted about over the last 10 pages or so have been pretty exciting but not sure how likely they are to be accurate.

I'm sure I did see ELO mentioned a week or 2 ago on here so todays announcement filled me with some confidence on the rumours on here being true!

If this is true, then maybe they turned to Radiohead when it became clear Adele wasn't gonna play, while already having Muse and Coldplay signed up? I doubt the festival would have aimed for Muse, Radiohead and Coldplay  to headline the Pyramid all in the year, but if they still had the slot to fill and Radiohead were interested then it would probably be a no brainer for them.

1 minute ago, DareToDibble said:

Hi all.

Pretty new here but just thought I'd ask how accurate some of the sources/guesses have been on their forum over the years? Some of the names I've seen touted about over the last 10 pages or so have been pretty exciting but not sure how likely they are to be accurate.

I'm sure I did see ELO mentioned a week or 2 ago on here so todays announcement filled me with some confidence on the rumours on here being true!

With regards to me - last year aside (ho-hum) - my accuracy has been pretty damned good, tho when I'm labelling something as a TBC on the lineups page.

At the moment I'm not fully confident on anything headliner.

1 minute ago, Alan_C said:

If this is true, then maybe they turned to Radiohead when it became clear Adele wasn't gonna play, while already having Muse and Coldplay signed up? I doubt the festival would have aimed for Muse, Radiohead and Coldplay  to headline the Pyramid all in the year, but if they still had the slot to fill and Radiohead were interested then it would probably be a no brainer for them.

Maybe it's Radiohead, Foos and Coldplay with Muse playing not secret set and Adele just appearing.

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

That's pretty hard to believe. That would be arguably the most gigantic festival bill ever.

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

of all of those, foos seem the least likely of all to me.

There was naturally a bit of tongue in cheek there, bit please not Radiohead, we don't more than 1 boring Pyramid header set.

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

With regards to me - last year aside (ho-hum) - my accuracy has been pretty damned good, tho when I'm labelling something as a TBC on the lineups page.

At the moment I'm not fully confident on anything headliner.

It's narrowed down to 4/5 then! You've sent the board into melt down with the Radiohead potential :lol: sadly I really can't see an announcement for another month yet for even 1 headliner. Hey ho keeps the board running at full pelt!

7 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Hi all.

It's comfortably the most accurate and reliable festival website. There's a reason why so many of us stick around year after year!