Headliners 2016

thewayiam

2 minutes ago, theevilfridge said:

Foals are playing the 6 Music Festival, hence the lack of exclusivity tag on their Reading slot. They won't be announced for anywhere else in the summer.

think somebody mentioned earlier that Kasabian did similar in 2012 yet were still announced as a festival exclusive for R/L

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, theevilfridge said:

Foals are playing the 6 Music Festival, hence the lack of exclusivity tag on their Reading slot. They won't be announced for anywhere else in the summer.

6 Music festival wouldn't effect exclusivity as far as I'm concerned, it's in February for a start. 

8 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

think somebody mentioned earlier that Kasabian did similar in 2012 yet were still announced as a festival exclusive for R/L

Big weekend as well, I would say dosent effect exclusivity, I certainly think there's more to foals not being exclusive than 6M

8 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

That was Big Weekend though, which you can't buy tickets for. 6 Music sells tickets like a normal gig. 

No Reading headliner has played an announced set at Glastonbury.

Cue someone finding something from the 80s. But you know what I mean.

2 minutes ago, theevilfridge said:

That was Big Weekend though, which you can't buy tickets for. 6 Music sells tickets like a normal gig. 

Bloody hope you're right, Big Weekend is much different, 6 Music is still an English gig whatever way so that's what's stopping the exclusive down here.

Hmmm if Foals are not an exclusive that leads me to believe they are likely to sub. Up for debate whether they are big enough to headline but if Florence can do it then i can't see why not. i'd reckon a sub if anything though. I for one would like to see them.

2 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

Hmmm if Foals are not an exclusive that leads me to believe they are likely to sub. Up for debate whether they are big enough to headline but if Florence can do it then i can't see why not. i'd reckon a sub if anything though. I for one would like to see them.

Because Florence is massively bigger that's why.

21 minutes ago, theevilfridge said:

What's to say they'll definitely be announced for Glastonbury? 

Regardless, they aren't exclusives there for a reason and Neil seems to think they have a big chance of being at Glastonbury, so I'm sticking with that until it's confirmed otherwise 

This is how it will go in regards to Radiohead being announced.

2-3 more large-scale festival appearances to be announced over the next 2 weeks.

Glastonbury to be the final announcement, headlining the Saturday night.

The album to then drop mid to end March.

Of course I hope I am wrong and it drops tomorrow.

Just now, hblow said:

do you not think foo fighters will be one the headliners ?? I heard that apparently they were booked again after they had to cancel ? Really hoping i can get re sale tickets this year. wasn't able to get though on normal sales D:

not booked for any of the other festivals they had to cancel last year, and haven't announced any other gigs for this summer, so pretty unlikely.

Just now, hblow said:

do you not think foo fighters will be one the headliners ?? I heard that apparently they were booked again after they had to cancel ? Really hoping i can get re sale tickets this year. wasn't able to get though on normal sales D:

they are unlikely as they arent doing any other shows in europe. The thinking is if they were doing glastonbury they'd be doing the other ones they had to cancel too.

Prepare yourself for coldplay, muse and adele.....

Just now, captainmuscles said:

Nearly shit myself in terror when I saw Foals on the Glasto rumours today. Seems like they're probably not headliners, but do people think they're headlining for R/L? I got Leeds tickets to see the Chili Peppers. If Foals headline both my festivals this year I'm going to flip.

if Foals are playing Glastonbury then it'll almost definitely be as a Pyramid sub rather than headliner

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

if Foals are playing Glastonbury then it'll almost definitely be as a Pyramid sub rather than headliner

Yeah. I'm just trying to figure out now if they're headlining Reading & Leeds.

edit: I just saw R&L had an official announcement today, colour me stupid.

Edited by captainmuscles