Headliners 2016

thewayiam

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though AC/DC are not a ballsy booking by an stretch of the imagination, it's amazing how much perkier the headliner trio looks when you add them in. Muse-Coldplay-Adele: the sorriest state of affairs, AC/DC-Coldplay-Adele; alright, there's something for everybody there, impressive heavy hitters.

2 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Even though AC/DC are not a ballsy booking by an stretch of the imagination, it's amazing how much perkier the headliner trio looks when you add them in. Muse-Coldplay-Adele: the sorriest state of affairs, AC/DC-Coldplay-Adele; alright, there's something for everybody there, impressive heavy hitters.

Yeah, agree completely.  Coldplay and Muse are just too similar a booking.  Not saying their music or fan base is the same or anything but having both just seems wrong somehow.

AC/DC may well be a change from the Muse-Coldplay-Adele option, but they are also boring as fuck. I have always thought they have one song, and the variation is just down whether they fire the AC/DC cannon once or twice during the intro...

But it appears to be a more popular option than the other one, so I guess its a hopeful step in the right direction.

Edited by mrf

I remember when I was 17 (maybe 18?) Lollapalooza had Muse, Coldplay, Foo Fighters and Eminem as their headliners and I thought it was the greatest thing ever and was blown away as to how they got such good headliners 

Now just a few years later I think the complete opposite and a line up with the first 3 as the headliners would be the dullest thing ever (I'm not including Eminem as at least he isn't doing a different festival here every year).

Strange to think how much difference just a few years makes when it comes to bland music

46 minutes ago, mrf said:

AC/DC may well be a change from the Muse-Coldplay-Adele option, but they are also boring as fuck. I have always thought they have one song, and the variation is just down whether they fire the AC/DC cannon once or twice during the intro...

But it appears to be a more popular option than the other one, so I guess its a hopeful step in the right direction.

They may only have 1 song* but It's a fucking good one that I would happily listen to them play over and over for 2 hours.

*They don't

1 hour ago, mrf said:

AC/DC may well be a change from the Muse-Coldplay-Adele option, but they are also boring as fuck. I have always thought they have one song, and the variation is just down whether they fire the AC/DC cannon once or twice during the intro...

i'd rather the boringness of Coldplay and Muse than the downright awfulness of ac/dc's moron-rock.

Just been shaking my head to If you want blood......, whilst driving kids out to pub. It will be 35 years since I saw acdc at my first festival(monsters of Rock) if they play next year. don't listen to them much these days but as just proven if there is a better 3.50 of heavy rock than the live version of whole lotta Rosie I am yet too hear it.

Fingers crossed for June.

3 minutes ago, Harry49 said:

Just been shaking my head to If you want blood......, whilst driving kids out to pub. It will be 35 years since I saw acdc at my first festival(monsters of Rock) if they play next year. don't listen to them much these days but as just proven if there is a better 3.50 of heavy rock than the live version of whole lotta Rosie I am yet too hear it.

Fingers crossed for June.

If anyone ever asks me what Glastonbury is like these days I'm just going to show them this post

original Take That (current lineup + Robbie and Jason) apparently set to tour in 2017 to celebrate 25 years as a band. not sure how realistic this is considering Jason only left last year (although i'm sure that huge final pay check would do something to sway him) and not sure if they'd be a realistic contender for Glastonbury anyway, but if it were ever to happen you'd imagine this would be the perfect opportunity (pretty sure they've shown interest in the past)

i know that 90% of this forum would absolutely hate this, tax avoiding c**ts, utter shite etc etc etc, but fuck y'all, i'd love it

34 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

original Take That (current lineup + Robbie and Jason) apparently set to tour in 2017 to celebrate 25 years as a band. not sure how realistic this is considering Jason only left last year (although i'm sure that huge final pay check would do something to sway him) and not sure if they'd be a realistic contender for Glastonbury anyway, but if it were ever to happen you'd imagine this would be the perfect opportunity (pretty sure they've shown interest in the past)

i know that 90% of this forum would absolutely hate this, tax avoiding c**ts, utter shite etc etc etc, but fuck y'all, i'd love it

Russy, you're up...

31 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah they've shown loads of interest in the past. I don't think it's because they don't have Robbie that they're screening their calls.

Also I should hope that way more than 90% of the members here would be opposed to this. It would be the absolute worst case scenario and, not even being melodramatic, I'm not sure I could face going again if they were to headline.

My mate a big AC/DC fan suggested they might play Glastonbury. It's the end of their tour so maybe they won't have the money side of things dominating. It'll be great exposure at the end of the tour instead.

I have no knowledge of any of the above, but I do like Whole lot of Rosie :)

1 minute ago, whisty said:

My mate a big AC/DC fan suggested they might play Glastonbury. It's the end of their tour so maybe they won't have the money side of things dominating. It'll be great exposure at the end of the tour instead.

I have no knowledge of any of the above, but I do like Whole lot of Rosie :)

a fan of a band, who is pushing said band to headline Glastonbury!? well i never!

on a serious note, i'm not a huge fan of AC/DC but they'd piss all over any of the current suggested headliners so i'd be all for it. i don't see it happening though unfortunately, but them eventually being on the lineup instead of Muse would be fantastic

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

I don't see it at all, TT have said enough they want it, it seems Glasto just don't care. And a big reunion is for the same reason as most, money! They have probably seen BST not sell out really quick and thought, fuck!....reunion.