Headliners 2016

thewayiam

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, ghostdancer1 said:

and dangerous too. at least at night there's competition on other stages.

at 4pm on Sunday there wouldn't be as much competition so the place would be utterly rammed.

No way will Adele play an afternoon slot  

An outdoor stage may put her off - plenty of bands will be fine if the weather is a bit rubbish - lord I have seen enough headliners in the pissing rain over the years.

But Adele quite rightly may it be concerned in case its chucking it down and windy , not sure how her performance would cope with that. 

13 minutes ago, ivan said:

No way will Adele play an afternoon slot  

An outdoor stage may put her off - plenty of bands will be fine if the weather is a bit rubbish - lord I have seen enough headliners in the pissing rain over the years.

But Adele quite rightly may it be concerned in case its chucking it down and windy , not sure how her performance would cope with that. 

yeah i can imagine her performance (or the audiences reception of her performance) could vary massively depending on the weather. i very much doubt i could be arsed standing there for two hours in the pissing rain watching a load of piano ballads, although i'm sure many would persist purely because it is Adele

...but that said, rain pouring, lighters in the air, Adele belting out Set Fire To The Rain!? FUCKING MOMENT RIGHT THERE

6 hours ago, ivan said:

Am I wrong or where we supposedly having new two headliners ?

And do we think if this it right the Stone Roses would accept Other Stage or not play at all ?

6 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

that was said by Michael, so is very easy to cast aside as bullshit. and if the Stone Roses are playing, it'll be headlining the Pyramid, but that doesn't seem at all likely for next year. none of the tabloids/anywhere are reporting them as a headliner (which you'd think everybody would jump on as soon as they announced more shows, especially ones so close to Glastonbury)

Nah, 2 new headliners and 4 returning headliners over the next two year. I'd assume that'd be 1 new and 2 returning each year. So Muse, Adele, Coldplay.

There is nothing that could tempt me to watch her. I don't care if she's the biggest thing since Chumbawamba. There is just nothing appealing about her music to me. If i want to listen to a woman moaning about her latest relationship breakdown I will have a night in with the significant other and her mates.

7 hours ago, russycarps said:

I see martin has been posting in the comments again....

ellen destroyed this phony forever. her record is still not even in the top 20 in america. she is not a 'star'. her only audience is fat old ladies, which is why she has no money compared to miley or taylor, real stars

Russy, what would be your genuine order of preference between Foos, Muse, Adele and Coldplay?

16 minutes ago, VisionOfLove said:

Both Adele and Coldplay performing on X Factor final this weekend could any sort of exclusive Glasto announcement be possible? Lionel was on the show last week and was bigging up the festival as the 'highlight of his year' 

The day they exclusively announce Glastonbury Festival headliners is the day the festival is done - it's ran its course, it's go no more to give 

And that's not going to happen, ever

Other than maybe a few announcements in the next couple of months, you're gonna be hitting refresh on your internet browser between 8am-10am and 6pm-8pm every week between February and April when somebody posts a some rumour of an announcement. You won't get Simon Cowell announcing an exclusive for Glastonbury!

1 minute ago, russycarps said:

Yep!

But you'll get a ticket in the resale anyway, then you'll be as depressed as the rest of us poor saps

I'm not trying mate! I booked an 11 day holiday to Tenerife instead, then when Roses announced I got a ticket for TITP cos it's gonna work out quite cheap for me. I'll be back in 2017. Thats why I want 3 of them people booked next year, so I can dream of better in 2017. Well, dream of 2 good headliners to go alongside Ed fucking Sheeran.

My word, some people on here think a lot of themselves don't they? I realise everyone is entitled to an opinion but don't confuse that for speaking for everyone else.

your ideal 3 headliners are the person next to you in the queue to get in worst nightmare.

After the shambles of last year's headliners, 2016 was always going to be safe bets n big commercial acts.

13 minutes ago, Ben Holland said:

My word, some people on here think a lot of themselves don't they? I realise everyone is entitled to an opinion but don't confuse that for speaking for everyone else.

your ideal 3 headliners are the person next to you in the queue to get in worst nightmare.

After the shambles of last year's headliners, 2016 was always going to be safe bets n big commercial acts.

The main problem is that 2 of the rumoured acts have already headlined 5 times before.

That's a bit shit really.