Headliners 2016

thewayiam

5 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

I don't really agree that something as to be 'extreme' to not be MOR. If you look at it like that then you can lump in almost all music as MOR. But Arcade Fire without a doubt have plenty of their own unique weirdness to set them apart from someone like Coldplay or Adele.

Maybe my benchmark for MOR is different then ... for me if the BBC can use as background music for a sports montage it is by definition inoffensive and middle of the road :) ... which does mean that M83 who I've loved for a very long time get lumped in there too.  I also reckon just about anything used in an advert can be considered that way, as they are trying not to offend as many people as possible.  That does seem to have exceptions, I wouldn't describe Son Lux as MOR even though he is used on the new Nissan advert for example ... who interestingly isn't a million miles away from AF ...

I find Arcade Fire great live and enjoyed the albums, I'd suggest they are 'experimental' with a lower case e though.

In other news I also enjoy Adele, and thought Coldplay's recent single (with the walking down the street video, don't know the name) was alright.  Which apparently makes me the worst person on Earth.

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

not a chance. did that back in 2003 and they were much smaller than they are now. but chances are they won't be playing the festival anyway so it doesn't really matter

Things have changed since, you had academy sized bands doing it then, now you have acts that can play an arena doing it but yes, Wilderness if that's what got spoke about it more likely. I admit they could head it but I don't think sub would be off limits.

13 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

As you were talking about Other, then other. I don't think they would.

1 minute ago, thewayiam said:

Things have changed since, you had academy sized bands doing it then, now you have acts that can play an arena doing it but yes, Wilderness if that's what got spoke about it more likely. I admit they could head it but I don't think sub would be off limits.

What's your current predictions for the main stages ATM?

1 minute ago, thewayiam said:

besides the fact that they're big enough to do it anyway (headlined Wembley and other sizeable venues) they're an act who'd require (and probably demand) the dark, so not a chance they'd be subbing, but yeah, that Wilderness festival is probably the safest bet for them

Doesn't Rihanna always seem to have this kind of tour schedule around the fest? I'm sure she had one a year or two ago aswell which looked 'nailed on', and the Sun reported it or some shite. 

Like Elton, there is a limited time frame that certain venues can host gigs in so they play coincidentally around Glastonbury.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

if Beyonce can headline then i don't see why Rihanna can't. she probably won't headline next year but i wouldn't count her out of doing it somewhere down the road

Beyonce has a bit more class about her than Rihanna, that said if they say Miley has a place at the festival.

35 minutes ago, The Nal said:

I'm actually a little uncomfortable with skirts above the knee. Rhianna will undoubtedly be wearing something shorter so not a runner for me thank you very much.

DqrYnC0.jpg

And there was me thinking you were from southern Ireland and not the north. This must be you, unmasked at last:-

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/8792072/Rihanna-get-off-my-land-and-find-God-farmer-tells-singer.html

:P