thewayiam

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, addicted2noise said:

I'm thinking one of the JP headliners nailed on is probably Bloc Party

yeah i'd be surprised if they were anywhere else on the lineup

as for The 1975, if Sigur Ros ends up headlining Other (fingers crossed) i think they'd make a suitable sub for them. i mean, i'd fucking hate it and be elsewhere, but i could see the thinking behind it. just don't see them outright headlining it personally

Finding it hard to get inspired by any of the current rumours. It all seems a bit underwhelming for me. Not that I am overly bothered as it frees me up for the fringes of the festival but I'd like at least one pyramid/other headliner to take my fancy.

I just think Coldplay have played too many times, (I confess to enjoying them at their last appearance), Adele 'could' be interesting but I wonder whether she actually has the chops to fill a massive field with what are very personal songs.

Would really love to be surprised and have Pearl Jam headline one of the two big stages over the weekend.

13 hours ago, Mash011 said:

Now there's a band we need to play!

Damn right.

John Peel stage headliner.  Can bring some life to the stage after a days worth of landfill indie.

I do hope they book Arcade Fire, I'll watch them (like I did when they played Reading subbing for RHCP), perfectly inoffensive Other Stag headline material :)

28 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

are you trolling or just stupid?

nice.

Okay let me word it a different way.  In what way are Arcade Fire not middle of the road.  Remember I'm not suggesting they aren't good (great even in some respects), I'm suggesting they aren't really at the extreme of anything.  I'm open to the possibility they are, so maybe you can educate me as to why they are extreme in some way?

9 minutes ago, HoTWire said:

nice.

Okay let me word it a different way.  In what way are Arcade Fire not middle of the road.  Remember I'm not suggesting they aren't good (great even in some respects), I'm suggesting they aren't really at the extreme of anything.  I'm open to the possibility they are, so maybe you can educate me as to why they are extreme in some way?

i was more alluding to the fact that they headlined the festival last year and so would in no way 1. be making another appearance next year or 2. be headlining the Other Stage if they did

the fact that you refer to them as middle of the road is neither here nor there (they're not, though, for a plethora of reasons that would be wasted on you if you yourself have come to the conclusion that they are. horses for courses etc)

Edited by FloorFiller

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

i was more alluding to the fact that they headlined the festival last year and so would in no way 1. be making another appearance next year or 2. be headlining the Other Stage

So they did, totally didn't realise* ... Didn't get tickets for 2014 (not through lack of trying :/ ) .. and didn't watch them on TV, because I was sulking about not being there.

*Other than the hilarity of this thread every year the headliners are usually of little concern for a festival the size of Glastonbury, particularly if I'm not going :/ .  This thread is always entertaining though.

2 minutes ago, HoTWire said:

So they did, totally didn't realise* ... Didn't get tickets for 2014 (not through lack of trying :/ ) .. and didn't watch them on TV, because I was sulking about not being there.

This was the point I was alluding to also.

You really should check out their set from last year! My absolute festival highlight, and may begin to change your views on them being middle-of-the-road. 

40 minutes ago, HoTWire said:

nice.

I don't really agree that something as to be 'extreme' to not be MOR. If you look at it like that then you can lump in almost all music as MOR. But Arcade Fire without a doubt have plenty of their own unique weirdness to set them apart from someone like Coldplay or Adele.

3 minutes ago, gluther said:

Adele is rumoured to be doing the Superbowl halftime show. They usually announce that around this time of year. If she is, that would end the talk of her not doing it because of the crowd size right? Not many audiences bigger than the Superbowl.

Believe it's meant to be Maroon 5 doing it, which would make more sense as I don't see Adele as the right fit.

5 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Seen as I would make 200 notes on a Rihanna Saturday headline appearance, I am part of #TeamRihanna or whatever the kids do these days.

I don't think you'll make your 200 notes, with no back to back dates so far, I can only see a plan on place for a 2nd night at Wembley if the 1st flies put and close to the weekend and frew to appear with Coldplay. Like has been said, if they are close to Adele I doubt they've gone for Rihanna too, not even V Fest does that.

3 hours ago, addicted2noise said:

I'm thinking one of the JP headliners nailed on is probably Bloc Party

I admit it fits, but it might be way too over packed. Adele night would be decent, hoping for The Prodigy on Coldplay night.

3 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Think the Last Shadow Puppets will be another. Hopefully same night as Adele.

That's a decent shout.

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

yeah i'd be surprised if they were anywhere else on the lineup

as for The 1975, if Sigur Ros ends up headlining Other (fingers crossed) i think they'd make a suitable sub for them. i mean, i'd fucking hate it and be elsewhere, but i could see the thinking behind it. just don't see them outright headlining it personally

As above, they fit there but maybe not, it was only two years ago they did earls court, headlined Latitude and subbed IOW, that's bigger than any JP header this year and although I haven't checked, probably generally.

Sigur Ros would sub.

Edited by thewayiam