Headliners 2016

thewayiam

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Taylor Swift isn't playing

Bit bold going against Asos like that. I really fucking hope it isn't Adele, I'll be strongarmed into watching her, and that's not something I want to happen. Also I think I might hate her more than Mumfords. I don't mind Coldplay really, but them and Adele in the same year is millions of miles away from the sort of Glastonbury I know, it's just embarrassingly tame.

10 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Bit bold going against Asos like that. I really fucking hope it isn't Adele, I'll be strongarmed into watching her, and that's not something I want to happen. Also I think I might hate her more than Mumfords. I don't mind Coldplay really, but them and Adele in the same year is millions of miles away from the sort of Glastonbury I know, it's just embarrassingly tame.

good thing they've got Muse as well to rAwK things up a notch!

Just now, VisionOfLove said:

I think it's a bit daft to obsess over finding 3 perfect headliners, I am happy as long as there is one i like, maybe two, because then it gives me the chance to go see someone amazing elsewhere. Despise Coldplay but if (when) they play I will be happy, perfect excuse to jam at West Holts or the like!

yeah it's easy to get worked up over the headliners at this point, because they're the only strong(ish) rumours we have, but once the full lineup and running order are announced and we see what other options there are they become a lot less important. still annoying that it seems like i won't have a Pyramid headliner who i'm absolutely stoked for, but can't win em all i guess!

8 hours ago, LeeGalvin said:

Ridiculous. AF are many things, but middle-of-the-road is not one of them!

very enjoyable though AF are, they are dinner party soundtracks for people who want to show their friends how 'in to' music they are.... Like The XX really. They are hardly Dillinger Escape Plan or V/vm now are they...

Nothing wrong with middle-of-the-road, I personally hope the Counting Crows rumours are true, MOR AOR FTW

Coldplay look certain.

Adele as well.

What I don't get is the idea Muse are on too. All logic says stone roses, doesn't matter if one person has been told otherwise. They play big shows before and after Glastonbury and Eavis has been quoted he wants them.

The time is now.

If it's the first two plus Muse its a piss take.

1 hour ago, HoTWire said:

very enjoyable though AF are, they are dinner party soundtracks for people who want to show their friends how 'in to' music they are.... Like The XX really. They are hardly Dillinger Escape Plan or V/vm now are they...

Nothing wrong with middle-of-the-road, I personally hope the Counting Crows rumours are true, MOR AOR FTW

Ridiculous post. Book 'im, ref.

22 minutes ago, wilem said:

I agree with Muse not seeming nailed on - I don't get why people are so sure of them, Rihanna or SR seem more likely...

Because Neil having info on an act is a stronger indicator of them playing than an act having tour dates around the festival.

As has been pointed out, if you want to do stadium shows, they have to be around that time, so they're over here then not because they're playing Glastonbury, but because it's the only time they can be.

27 minutes ago, k8yphillips said:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/rihanna-headlining-glastonbury-singers-tour-6890007

apologies if this has already been posted, but uk tour announced with a bit fat Glastonbury gap.!! 

From the same paper that told us Fleetwood mac were nailed on a month ago.

Think the mirror have no idea