Headliners 2016

thewayiam

2 minutes ago, Tr234 said:

What day do people think she will play on? Could see Coldplay being on the Saturday again and Adele on the Sunday

could go either way as both acts are fairly family friendly and so 'suitable' for the locals day. reckon Coldplay will do the Sunday myself - done the Saturday the last two times and would be a suitable act to close out the festival for once

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, bcullen said:

Adele won't influence anyone? In the three years she's been away we've had carbon copies in the form of Emile Sande and Sam Smith! And their huge success has literally been due to the fact that they filled the Adele shaped hole left in the music industry.

Hmm. Sam Smith yes but Emeli Sande was already up-and-coming by the time 21 exploded.

5 hours ago, russycarps said:

but she still said that even she doesnt think her dreary music is suited to the pyramid stage. It'll be a bit weird if she then ends up headlining I think.

until neil puts her to TBC then the dream of having a better headliner lives on

All fuckin' academic now innit.

Jeeeez...

On 23/11/2015, 13:24:42, Brave Sir Robin said:

From that tweet, maybe Swift is in the Sunday afternoon slot - biggest yet, not rumoured, a real coup etc etc

I would not be surprised at all tbh. See my rather long post in the Rumours thread

12 minutes ago, strummer77 said:

Is there anything that properly suggests Muse? Or are we guessing?

Yeah Neil seems to have good info the trio they want is Muse, Adele and Coldplay, and everything is suggesting they've got what they want (and even if not, I don't think they'd struggle getting Muse; they clearly want to play).

With us now knowing they're in talks with Adele, and Coldplay looking pretty nailed on, I'd assume Neil is correct with his info on that trio.

And that trio was also leaked in a Daily Mail (I think) article, as much as that's probably not a good source.

1 minute ago, Will-2609 said:

Yeah Neil seems to have good info the trio they want is Muse, Adele and Coldplay, and everything is suggesting they've got what they want (and even if not, I don't think they'd struggle getting Muse; they clearly want to play).

With us now knowing they're in talks with Adele, and Coldplay looking pretty nailed on, I'd assume Neil is correct with his info on that trio.

And that trio was also leaked in a Daily Mail (I think) article, as much as that's probably not a good source.

Shhhhhh. If we ignore it, it won't happen.

That's how it works, right?

Hmmm. Muse I'd be very happy with. A perfect choice for me

Adele - no. Not headlining. Just NO.

Coldplay - always a GREAT show and after seeing their set on telly last time I really wish I'd ditched the Chemical Brothers for them.

There's going to one other enormous name on there and my money is still on Taylor Swift. Test the water and come back as Saturday headliner in a few years time.

2 minutes ago, Martin Ashford said:

Hmmm. Muse I'd be very happy with. A perfect choice for me

Adele - no. Not headlining. Just NO.

Coldplay - always a GREAT show and after seeing their set on telly last time I really wish I'd ditched the Chemical Brothers for them.

There's going to one other enormous name on there and my money is still on Taylor Swift. Test the water and come back as Saturday headliner in a few years time.

Eurgh, kill me now.

She is of headliner status, she may not have headline suited music.

There you go, I have cleared everything up, we can all go about our business now! My business is walking to the fridge to drink the remainder of the soy cream in the carton, and I will feel no shame doing it!

2 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I won't watch Coldplay. 99% wont watch either. Adele would be a "moment" though. If nothing else appeals, I could be tempted as a one off.

You think 99% of Glastonbury attendees won't watch Coldplay?! Or 99% of efests people?!