Headliners 2016

thewayiam

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, LondonTom said:

Don't slate them, they can't throw the best seats on Viagogo anymore now we all know about it :P

Chris Martin needs to pay for his conscious uncoupling and light up wristbands somehow!

Completely forgot about that. They didn't get the slating they deserved for that one. Making mediocre music is one thing, but cheating your fans to make some extra cash makes you a complete tit.

3 hours ago, stocky3000 said:

I still wouldn't see them but it does show the value in the Glastonbury ticket itself

yeah if it is indeed Muse, Coldplay and Adele (or swap in Rihanna/Stone Roses/ACDC/Taylor Swift etc), for anyone who likes the three headliners you'd actually have saved enough money for your entire Glastonbury ticket by seeing them at Glastonbury over their own individual gigs (presuming that Adele will also come in at the £60-70 mark for a ticket) and that's before anything else.

People complain about the ticket prices for Glastonbury but in the market we are in (not entering the debate of whether tickets should be that high, just commenting within the current situation as it is) the value for money is incredible. 

20 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

If I go just with personal feeling (I know stuff that I've not said here), I'd say she's nailed on.

But I don't have solid info to back that up, so I can't justify putting her higher than an SR as they're not worked on my hunches.

I think that's as good as we're likely to get / know at this early stage.

It also just feels like its gonna be Adele...but that's probably because she's smashing records and is everywhere at the moment.

4 minutes ago, Woffy said:

I think that's as good as we're likely to get / know at this early stage.

It also just feels like its gonna be Adele...but that's probably because she's smashing records and is everywhere at the moment.

but she still said that even she doesnt think her dreary music is suited to the pyramid stage. It'll be a bit weird if she then ends up headlining I think.

until neil puts her to TBC then the dream of having a better headliner lives on

Edited by russycarps

Not sure if it has already been mentioned but can we now consider Rihanna as a potential Glastonbury headliner? Her latest tour dates leave a seemingly obvious Glastonbury sized gap:

Ricoh Arena, Coventry (June 14)
Cardiff Stadium, Cardiff (June 16)
Stadium of Light, Sunderland (June 18)
Aviva Stadium, Dublin (June 21)
Wembley Stadium, London (June 24)
Hampden Park, Glasgow (June 27)
Emirates Old Park, Manchester (June 29)

The Weeknd is also supporting her throughout these dates meaning he too could perhaps be playing?