Headliners 2016

thewayiam

21 minutes ago, Tuna said:

what is wrong with you

ab > ( ) > takk > valtari = kveikur > von > end-a-last

although actually i already want to swap ab and ( ) reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

i would also put hvarf/heim = valtari and kveikur if that counts

Im all sorts of wrong ent I.

If im honest its unbearably hard choosing between the top 4. I love them all. Surprised about disliking endlaust so much. Some great stuff there. It is my honest belief though that "( )" is one of the best and most underrated albums of the past 30 years. It has only one place on this list. 

Edited by T-Mouse

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Two dates at Etihad and Wembley? 

Then a Glasto headline slot which Chris will put everything into will more than make up in sales long term for not doing Coventry or Sunderland for eg, which are smaller anyway. They were amazing at the Ricoh in 2012.

Sunderland is 55 thousand for gigs

Loved them on the last major stadium tour , was hoping they would play sunderland again.

“She was nervous, especially at the start, and cried real tears at the close of the show”

review of Adele playing her Pyramid warm-up gig at Radio City Music Hall last night. Nerves are at it already and that's for 5000...All these pictures of her in recent weeks...when did she start to resemble Gillian Anderson (X-Files) ??? at least in the black/white stills...

http://www.wfuv.org/content/adele-radio-city-music-hall-2015-review

Edited by tevaburger

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

Yeah, it does.

Any promoter won't be keen for there to be competing shows by the same band which might draw punters away from the shows he's promoting.

It's for exactly those reasons that Reading/Leeds likes its headliners to be exclusive, to ensure people have to buy tickets to R/L if they want to see that particular band that summer.

A few years back now, I happened to be stood chatting to Emily Eavis when she took a call from one of Jay-Z's people, asking if Jay-Z was allowed to book in other shows for when he was in the UK for Glastonbury, and Emily told them yes. She then told me what the call had been about, and that Glastonbury wasn't bothered about what other shows an act might do - but she also mentioned that some other festivals are.

So, er, no, it doesn't - as you say, Glastonbury "wasn't bothered"; and the Muse & Foos examples prove it. Glastonbury doesn't have tickets to sell in the way the other Fests do.

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

Yeah, it does.

Any promoter won't be keen for there to be competing shows by the same band which might draw punters away from the shows he's promoting.

It's for exactly those reasons that Reading/Leeds likes its headliners to be exclusive, to ensure people have to buy tickets to R/L if they want to see that particular band that summer.

A few years back now, I happened to be stood chatting to Emily Eavis when she took a call from one of Jay-Z's people, asking if Jay-Z was allowed to book in other shows for when he was in the UK for Glastonbury, and Emily told them yes. She then told me what the call had been about, and that Glastonbury wasn't bothered about what other shows an act might do - but she also mentioned that some other festivals are.

I'm pretty sure your story about Jay-Z has just proved your original answer wrong

32 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Glastonbury wont have an issue, but the promoter may, you pair of berks.

Explain Muse and the Foos then (and Coldplay next year), you "berk". And what about the fact that just about every headliner does big shows elsewhere in England? Or do the promoters only care about Wembley shows for some reason?

8 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Explain Muse and the Foos then (and Coldplay next year), you "berk". And what about the fact that just about every headliner does big shows elsewhere in England? Or do the promoters only care about Wembley shows for some reason?

No one said every promoter cares, but some will not want their band to headline Glastonbury because it'd lose them sales.

8 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

I have no idea, you expect me to read the thread and know what's going on? Well I don't, so there.

I do know that Neil's post was saying that Glastonbury aren't bothered but gig promoters may be, seemed you and the other individual accused of being a berk were misreading the post. Maybe there was some other context that people who read all the posts might have understood, but I don't concern myself with that, and I can probably cover up any blunders with a Taylor Swift gif anyway.

tumblr_nnm9piHj4L1uurideo1_500.gif

29 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

good to see the re-emergence of "berk" though.  truly one of rhyming slang's greatest examples.

I didn't know it was rhyming slang until you said this, now I google it I feel truly shocked that my mum would use this all the time when we was kids.

4 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

Drones

1 hour ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

However if they do big shows as well as Glasto, they do tend to be a bit away from Glasto.  (Muse's were September for instance).

Foo's are more the exception and I'd guess its cause their american and doing all their shows in Europe at once.

In the grand scheme of things, we knew Coldplay were going be touring next year anyway. This news shifts their likeliness in neither direction.