Headliners 2016

thewayiam

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, LondonTom said:

You missed Madness and Undisclosed Desires b2b....

Yet if a band only plays their back catalogue, they then get accused of ridding on nostalgia and past success...

Regardless of how shit their recent output is or isn't, its only right that on the album tour its played and the act have confidence in it. Even if not playing New Born is a sin.

Drop 4 out of 7 Drones songs for some hits/popular live staples (Read: OoS tracks) and it looks a lot better.

1) Lists

2) Random Off Topic Shite

3) Radiohead debate (Shit/NotShit followed by lists)

4)Arcade Fire Lists

Gap

5)Headliner Speculation

Power Gap

6) People complaining about the conversation but not moving it on

Touché

Zane Lowe has done a big interview with Adele that lasts about an hour, they have a little chat about Glastonbury in the middle and by the sounds of things, she won't be playing. She mentions the usual how big/frightening the crowd is and how her 'show' wouldn't work on the pyramid because it's "half talking and there is too many people to talk to".

Zane does keep telling her to play though, she talks about letting down lots of people by not being able to play for everyone so Zane says "just do Glastonbury then be done with it". Adele does say she would like to be able to perform to that many people but she just can't bring herself to do it.

At one point she also mentions having no gigs booked for next year at the minute.

7 hours ago, Alan_C said:

Modern Life Is Rubbish

Parklife

The Magic Whip

Blur

Think Tank

The Great Escape

Leisure

Painfully incorrect positioning of 13, there.

6 hours ago, Vanderlyle said:

1. Songs Of Love and Hate

2. Songs of Leonard Cohen

3. New Skin for the Old Ceremony

4. Songs from a Room

Correct first 4, wrong order on the first two though. Lots of room for disagreeal on the rest, but these 4 are wayyyy up there.

8 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

This is the all time best comment. Ever.

6 hours ago, Tuna said:

Painfully incorrect positioning of 13, there.

Correct first 4, wrong order on the first two though. Lots of room for disagreeal on the rest, but these 4 are wayyyy up there.

His placing of various positions is criminal.

The best album is the essential Leonard cohen anyway, much as it pains me to say it...

14 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

On a serious note, I don't need to accept or reject it. It's your comment, not mine. Where as my response was merely an observation highlighting a differing opinion. It's just music, bud.

Ben

No, your response was not merely highlighting a difference of opinion.You started by saying that you "struggle to see how anyone who was to take the time to examine their output could fail to admire them" and finished with the opinion that I do not "have much aptitude in assessing the quality of music" and that my comment "holds no credibility".

My point is - just accept that people think differently to you. You don't need to struggle to understand why I don't appreciate something, or pass judgement that my lack of appreciation for something is because I can't "assess the quality of music" (whatever the fuck that means). 

Let it go. It's just music, bud.

21 minutes ago, mrtourette said:

No, your response was not merely highlighting a difference of opinion.You started by saying that you "struggle to see how anyone who was to take the time to examine their output could fail to admire them" and finished with the opinion that I do not "have much aptitude in assessing the quality of music" and that my comment "holds no credibility".

My point is - just accept that people think differently to you. You don't need to struggle to understand why I don't appreciate something, or pass judgement that my lack of appreciation for something is because I can't "assess the quality of music" (whatever the fuck that means). 

Let it go. It's just music, bud.

I'll withdraw from this exchange, my tic-suffering-profane friend, as these types of discussion are almost never productive.

Ben