Headliners 2016

thewayiam

8 minutes ago, The Placid Casual said:

Nothing Muse do disappoints me anymore.

fair point Placid

been going steadily downhill since the black holes album. I actually thought after hearing Psycho (I've been saying they should make that riff into a song since about 2004) that Drones would be decent - boy I was wrong

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, mrtourette said:

The Bends, then Pablo Honey. Wouldn't bother with the rest.

Radiohead are an odd band, I've found it pretty tough to get into them, but started to force myself to listen to albums over and over. I'm now convinced the bends is one of the best songs ever written and one of the best albums out there, it's a very odd turn around from finding it hard to 'get them'. Ok computer is great too, currently working on hail to the thief...Did try Kid A but it's painful to listen to!

9 minutes ago, The Placid Casual said:

They're a laughing stock nowadays. Can't believe people have paid approx. £80 to watch them on their UK tour.

I saw them at a surprise gig in Camden a few months back and that really was amazing. £20 ticket, tiny intimate venue, really was brilliant. Probably wouldn't see them again though, especially not for that price in an arena type venue.

6 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

I am curious, though.  I don't think I said anything that contentious.  Merely pointing out that there are other bands who've produced music of comparable quality and scope.

No one an create music of comparable quality to Radiohead. No one. Ever. NO.

53 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Fucking hell those Muse set lists are bad. I know they'll probably change it up a bit if they end up playing Glastonbury, but that's just not a risk i or anybody else should have to take

I'm not surprised by it either, they aren't juat going to continue playing the 1st major 3 albums and nothing since has up to standard.

4 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Really?

I struggle to see how anyone who was to take the time to examine their output could fail to admire them, even though they may not particularly like their style of music. Radiohead are, unquestionably, an incredibly capable group of musicians and songwriters. And like them 'though I undoubtedly do, I'm not a mega-fan, nor do they mean as much to me as they do to many others on here and elsewhere, or as much to me as many other bands over the years.

As I said, I wouldn't be so arrogant as to deny an individual their right not to like a band's music but, assuming that, say, In Rainbows is included in your 'last several years' worth of shit', then I'm not sure you have much aptitude in assessing the quality of music, notwithstanding your like or dislike thereof. I'm not angling for a fight, it's just that your comment, to me at least, holds no credibility! There are plenty of artists whose music I don't like very much, yet I can appreciate that they're not crap, in contrast to those who I despise, partly because they are crap. And before we open the old 'quality of music is purely subjective' can of worms, let's be clear - it's not. Crap is crap, no matter how many people appear to like it.

:)

Ben

Have you got any kind of familial or social connection to tonyblair?

4 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

I struggle to see how anyone who was to take the time to examine their output could fail to admire them...

...then I'm not sure you have much aptitude in assessing the quality of music, notwithstanding your like or dislike thereof. I'm not angling for a fight, it's just that your comment, to me at least, holds no credibility!

On a serious note, just accept it.