Headliners 2016

thewayiam

I'm with Foo's, FM and Coldplay with FF being busy over the Pinkpop weekend. If they are signed up for Bonnaroo, being middle of June they probably had that signed before any of the leg break situation came about. If it's not the Foo's, I don't actually think AC/DC is too bad a shout. I would certainly say that Download would have grabbed AC/DC if they could but I imagine it would require them doing their own shows around it to make the money like The Stones did even though they did a stadium tour this year and AC/DC are one of the bands that can do that.

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope you get Foals, Biffy Clyro and Rod Stewart.

I'd love that to be fair, would be no where near the Pyramid on Rod night but a night off is always good.

Can imagine the moaning about how big they are  for Headliners though!

My personal wish: Foals, Biffy and Fleetwood Mac (to placate the moaners more than anything, and I always like a Pyramid option if they don't book anything else I fancy)

even if casuals only know a few songs they will at least know a few (should DC play which they won't) - even my girlfriend knows Highway to Hell, Back to Black, Shoot to Thrill and For those about to rock and she fucking HATES DC.

Plus really its only one song they have so the crowd should know it :P

Is that likely at this point?  I suppose it's not impossible, but it is looking as if their star has faded somewhat.

from their wikipedia page:

'The band have announced that 2015 will be their 'year off.' In an interview with 3FM in June 2014, Neil stated that "[the band] will take a quiet year next year and disappear so people don't get sick of the lovely Biffy." In the same interview he stated that they were working on about 19 new songs, but felt it was too early to play them live. He confirmed that a new album was coming, most likely towards the end of 2015.'

If Biffy released a number 1 album and another big arena tour, why can't they headline? They'll have achieved a hell of a lot more than Mumford and Sons...

Because they headlined in 2013.

Edit: Ignore that, thought this was the R&L section ciclejerking over Biffy again.

If their next album continues the trend of making low quality safe 'rock' songs that Radio One daytime DJs can get excited about then they're reasonably legit low-end Glasto headliner.

Edited by mrtourette

Why do people keep mentioning Biffy? Obviously a band that has completely passed me by. I only know about one song. Are they actually still relevant? 

Maybe it's just me, living under a rock (listening to Bowie)...

they've headlined pretty much every other major UK festival over the past few years, but something about them headlining Glastonbury has always seemed off to me. guess a lot of it will depend on how the new album does (aka if it switches it up from the plodding stadium rock that their last two albums consisted of entirely). i don't see them as a likely contender for next year myself, but i wouldn't totally write them off just yet. fingers crossed they've got better things lined up down at the farm

I don't know much about AC/DC but I've heard a few songs and they're rocky just like Biffy Clyro.

Perhaps AC/DC could sub to Biffy Clyro kind of like how Pharrell did with Kanye this year, that way you've got a modern day headliner and an older band with 1 or 2 good songs to keep the older generation happy?

I'm sorry if I've completely misjudged their size, maybe 3rd down would be a better position for them?

they've headlined pretty much every other major UK festival over the past few years, but something about them headlining Glastonbury has always seemed off to me. guess a lot of it will depend on how the new album does (aka if it switches it up from the plodding stadium rock that their last two albums consisted of entirely). i don't see them as a likely contender for next year myself, but i wouldn't totally write them off just yet. fingers crossed they've got better things lined up down at the farm

The thing is though, without Puzzle on-wards they wouldn't have made headline status as their 1st 3 albums weren't close to mainstream enough. As I said, BMTH needed to do it and some people I kno wwho wouldn't even touch a record of theirs before enjoyed it.

It's a shame I don't think Biffy are big enough to do it but they clearly are. I reckon they will do it in the near future, just not now for some reason, no idea why I think that & I'm not really bothered if I'm wrong as they are pretty decent live.

The interesting this is what Neil thinks they are doing as he commented not long ago when someone suggested them for Soni that he doubted they would be there as he believes they are looking at something much bigger.

Slight