Headliners 2016

thewayiam

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't this only happen a few years ago? I swear I watched them on the Other Stage. They had an absolutely awful set hampered by sound issues.

yeah 2009 up against Blur. but if the Chemical Brothers and Coldplay have taught us anything, it's that Glastonbury doesn't mind the occasional repeat booking. i'm sure they'd still go down a storm

Being needlessly obtuse doesn't justify or explain your use of that terminology.

Not sure what the 'needlessly obtuse' stuff is about.

Either way, really am sorry if that term is particularly offensive (which it appears to be). Did not think that. Always took it to be a fairly amusing and meaningless type of insult - that Bianca might fling at Sharon at Eastenders...

I assumed the actually more offensive part was the underlying suggestion that it was somehow negative for women like Rihanna to embrace and be free with their sexuality? Which I didn't mean, much.

That's essentially the offensive thing about the word 'slag'.

Ok. So the terminology and the meaning were one and the same :) Like I said, I didn't mean the latter and apologise because really didn't think 'slag' had quite so much baggage to it.

Shall we go back to headliners?

Whilst it's a bit of a shame - I haven't seen any breakthrough UK bands in recent years that are worthy of headline status - so would be very happy to see a Pulp, Radiohead or Roses play. Reckon one of them is pretty likely too.

Ok. So the terminology and the meaning were one and the same :) Like I said, I didn't mean the latter and apologise because really didn't think 'slag' had quite so much baggage to it.

Shall we go back to headliners?

Whilst it's a bit of a shame - I haven't seen any breakthrough UK bands in recent years that are worthy of headline status - so would be very happy to see a Pulp, Radiohead or Roses play. Reckon one of them is pretty likely too.

Roses would need new material.