Headliners 2016

thewayiam

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are announcing something this evening absolutely a Halloween show in LA I think, would be good to see them back on the road, a constant wish to play GF personally

It'll be an LA warm up for Rock in Rio, which they're playing in a couple of weeks.

Don't think they'll be back properly for a while though. Mini Mansions' tour is going right up until the end of the year, Troy's touring with Failure and Josh is gonna be a dad again shortly so I can't see them having anything ready to tour until 2017.

I have now got my hopes up it is Radiohead

Two albums with In Rainbows and The King Of Limbs (which they decided they'd rather play a smaller set for at the festival still). Granted with In Rainbows it would of only been 4 years since their previous headline slot but they could have played done the Pyramid instead in 2011. I thought they would get booked the other year but I'm thinking that might have been the year if they were going to they would have.

I don't think FF on SR is in anyway and done deal but I do think there is a very good chance, Neil must have a bit of belief in something with it and I do find it hard to believe they would do Pinkpop, Werchter and not Glastonbury in the middle.

Obviously my other guess it Fleetwood Mac and I still believe Biffy is very likely.

Two albums with In Rainbows and The King Of Limbs (which they decided they'd rather play a smaller set for at the festival still). Granted with In Rainbows it would of only been 4 years since their previous headline slot but they could have played done the Pyramid instead in 2011. I thought they would get booked the other year but I'm thinking that might have been the year if they were going to they would have.

I don't think FF on SR is in anyway and done deal but I do think there is a very good chance, Neil must have a bit of belief in something with it and I do find it hard to believe they would do Pinkpop, Werchter and not Glastonbury in the middle.

Obviously my other guess it Fleetwood Mac and I still believe Biffy is very likely.

Hadn't noticed that Foo Fighters had been added as a SR!! Dammit, there goes my hope of Biffy Clyro

Hadn't noticed that Foo Fighters had been added as a SR!! Dammit, there goes my hope of Biffy Clyro

Not necessarily, remember that Biffy could have been booked and another act booked might agree to delay a year, I guess we don't know. I will say I get why it's said it'd only be or the other.

But we don't know how strong any FF info is, if it's correct etc.

Edited by thewayiam

A friend of an uncle of a friend of a dog of a brother of a postman of a friend was at whatever event Michael said this, said that he saw Michael tapping on his phone so went over for a peep. Apparently he was texting with Taylor Swift, Michael sent Taylor a selfie, Taylor text back with "denim shorts on fleek!". Michael text Taylor " Wanna come over for Netflix and chill and 2016 Sunday night Pyramid headline slot?", Taylor text back "sure bae xoxo".

A friend of an uncle of a friend of a dog of a brother of a postman of a friend was at whatever event Michael said this, said that he saw Michael tapping on his phone so went over for a peep. Apparently he was texting with Taylor Swift, Michael sent Taylor a selfie, Taylor text back with "denim shorts on fleek!". Michael text Taylor " Wanna come over for Netflix and chill and 2016 Sunday night Pyramid headline slot?", Taylor text back "sure bae xoxo".

Genuinely one of the funniest things I've read! You really do make me crack.

Coldplay must be nailed on, rumours for 2015 were probably due to negotiations for 2016. New album out soon, just been filming new video in India with paint powder throwing, could make for a colourful pyramid headliner.

Are foos free? If so they must be another headliner.

Not sure on the third maybe taylor swift?

With what's been said in the past about female acts I would like to see a female headliner in the next 2 years. Can only think of Gaga/Taylor Swift/Adele/Rihanna/ Katy Perry at the moment

Katy Perry and Lady Gaga are highly unlikely, I'm pretty sure those other three are your only options.

Coldplay must be nailed on, rumours for 2015 were probably due to negotiations for 2016. New album out soon, just been filming new video in India with paint powder throwing, could make for a colourful pyramid headliner.

Are foos free? If so they must be another headliner.

Not sure on the third maybe taylor swift?

I think Coldplay are the most likely headliner for next year too. Seem to play every couple of albums and they'll definitely be touring by next summer given the album apparently comes out this year.

With what's been said in the past about female acts I would like to see a female headliner in the next 2 years. Can only think of Gaga/Taylor Swift/Adele/Rihanna/ Katy Perry at the moment

This post perfectly highlights everything that is wrong with what it must be like to be a female artist these days.

Either make frothy pop shit or forget about headlining the best festival. How depressing

Edited by russycarps

This post perfectly highlights everything that is wrong with what it must be like to be a female artist these days.

Either make frothy pop shit or forget about headlining the best festival. How depressing

That and they're pocketed as 'female artists' as if it's a different genre and makes them less worthy of headlining