Headliners 2016

thewayiam

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't seem like many people are expecting a major old artist to headline next year from the bits I've read. Who are we thinking is the most likely if it did happen? McCartney? Bowie seems the dream for most people, but it doesn't seem likely.

The National headlined Latitude the year before Bon Iver did too, so that's really bad reasoning. Bon Iver haven't released anything since then, but TN released Trouble Will Find Me, their highest charting album in the UK to date. JP headliner :lol:

It doesn't seem like many people are expecting a major old artist to headline next year from the bits I've read. Who are we thinking is the most likely if it did happen? McCartney? Bowie seems the dream for most people, but it doesn't seem likely.

AC/DC or Fleetwood, if their tours continue until then.

The only doubt in my mind is that Glastonbury is probably gonna get three dancey Other headliners on the regular from now on so that'll nix the good stuff.

i think they might push for this a little more than they have, but really there aren't that many more 'dance' acts big enough to do it for it to be a yearly thing. Disclosure, Prodigy, Calvin Harris possibly, Chemical Brothers again in four years,a couple more acts that grow hugely successful off the back of one or two albums, probably some others I've forgotten about, but then who? think they'll have to stick at least one alternative type act on most years

Far too big - if they ever do play, it'll be headlining the Pyramid, but unfortunately due to their not really being any demand or hype around them these days it probably won't ever happen

Hmm not sure about that these days. There has been speculation on here that they might target bigger bands for Other Stage as well at future festivals. Do you think they wouldn't agree to Other Stage, or you think too big for that  field?

Far too big - if they ever do play, it'll be headlining the Pyramid, but unfortunately due to their not really being any demand or hype around them these days it probably won't ever happen

Yep. Sadly this. I'd give everything to see The Cure headline pyramid, but it ain't gonna happen, which is such a shame

Hmm not sure about that these days. There has been speculation on here that they might target bigger bands for Other Stage as well at future festivals. Do you think they wouldn't agree to Other Stage, or you think too big for that  field?

I haven't heard that. Are you sure it's not just someone's pipe dream so that all these headliner sized bands have somewhere to play while Bowie, Prince and Fleetwood Mac are on Pyramid? :P

This was the issue when they played Reading and Leeds a few years ago but they were brilliant and generated a lot more anticipated than I was expecting, so I wouldn't rule them out in the future if they decide to play festivals again.

I haven't heard that. Are you sure it's not just someone's pipe dream so that all these headliner sized bands have somewhere to play while Bowie, Prince and Fleetwood Mac are on Pyramid? :P

I think Metallicas apparent booking headlining Other vs Prince has a lot of people thinking similar bookings will happen in the future, when actually this years Other headliners couldn't have been any more standard-Other fodder if they tried. The Cure would definitely headline Pyramid - they just need to release some new material first to get a chance

The National headlined Latitude the year before Bon Iver did too, so that's really bad reasoning. Bon Iver haven't released anything since then, but TN released Trouble Will Find Me, their highest charting album in the UK to date. JP headliner :lol:

To be fair Trouble Will Find Me charted high due to the popularity of High Violet. Its probably hasn't been recieved quite as well as their previous albums but saying that they're still probably a pyramid sub. It all really depends on their next album they might even step up to headliners.

To be fair Trouble Will Find Me charted high due to the popularity of High Violet. Its probably hasn't been recieved quite as well as their previous albums but saying that they're still probably a pyramid sub. It all really depends on their next album they might even step up to headliners.

Not a chance unfortunately. Nowhere near enough popularity with the general glasto population for them to be headliner or sub. Park or JP headline at a push.

Sorry if this has been mentioned but Ed Sheeran. I really really despise the guy, and definitely wouldn't see him if he headlined, but I think he's in with a chance. Sold out 3 wembley shows... how that was possible I have no idea but I imagine he's right up Emily's street. 

Sorry if this has been mentioned but Ed Sheeran. I really really despise the guy, and definitely wouldn't see him if he headlined, but I think he's in with a chance. Sold out 3 wembley shows... how that was possible I have no idea but I imagine he's right up Emily's street.

More likely for 2017, he'l probably take a year off next year.

More likely for 2017, he'l probably take a year off next year.

If offered a Pyramid Headliner slot, Matthew, there's no way I can see Sheeran saying 'no thank you, i'm having a break'.

If you mean he won't be offered because he won't have anything new out - possibly.

If offered a Pyramid Headliner slot, Matthew, there's no way I can see Sheeran saying 'no thank you, i'm having a break'.

If you mean he won't be offered because he won't have anything new out - possibly.

Aye the latter. He'd be touring the same album he was the last time he played Glasto so would be a bit pointless - if it does happen (which I hope it doesn't) it'll be 2017

Putting aside my feelings about his music, I'd have no problem with E-Shazza taking a headline slot. He seems to have worked very hard - and anyone who can command a crowd of 90,000 people with just a guitar and a loop pedal must be doing something right.