Headliners 2016

thewayiam

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it still considered cool to hate Coldplay? I thought Mumford & Sons were the current "I'm so Indie because I think they're shit" band.

Have you never ever detected a hint of hypocrisy in always complaining about hipsters and their current indie bands, while only ever praising 90's bands? :lol:

I wonder if they might try and give someone else a chance to headline now, after Florence went down so well (albeit she wasn't originally headlining). I can definitely see them trying to get another female headliner or give someone a chance now, especially if they got 2 big hitters on the other two nights.

They'll get Biffy and it'll have the same effect because they've headlined every festival there is in the UK yet people on here still don't think they're big enough.

As much as those people are wrong, I think that kind of goes to show how unsuited Biffy Clyro are to headlining Glastonbury in 2016.

It'd be the least cared about headliner in recent times. Most of the fans they picked up on their breakthrough - which is quite a long time ago now - have gone and seen them at one of the many fests they've done and moved onto the next thing while they haven't done a fat lot to stay relevant, and I think they'll suffer from that on return.

If there's no real clamour for them to play and they're simply booked as part of some festival sudoku where they must play Glastonbury as they've already featured everywhere else then they're gonna get a woefully small crowd. In fact they might as well give the headline slot to their successors in polished rock riffing and create a headliner rather than just succumbing to the inevitable.

Have you never ever detected a hint of hypocrisy in always complaining about hipsters and their current indie bands, while only ever praising 90's bands? :lol:

Come on, that's not true, you know how often I champion The Gaslight Anthem over on the R/L forum. ;)