Headliners 2016

thewayiam

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hasn't Emily said Foo Fighters won't be doing next year?

she kind of hinted that she'd like them back 'in the next couple of years' rather than next year specifically, but that's only because, as always, she's sure they've secured the three headliners for next year, which almost definitely isn't true. as soon as one of those inevitably falls through, they'd be wise to give the Foos a call

she kind of hinted that she'd like them back 'in the next couple of years' rather than next year specifically, but that's only because, as always, she's sure they've secured the three headliners for next year, which almost definitely isn't true. as soon as one of those inevitably falls through, they'd be wise to give the Foos a call

I would imagine she probably would have said that regardless so that when tickets are available to book for Glastonbury you don't have the usual Glastonbury goers as well as the 247,800 extra Foo Fighters fans trying for Glastonbury as well. Obviously there'd be some crossover but you understand what I'm trying to say.

I would imagine she probably would have said that regardless so that when tickets are available to book for Glastonbury you don't have the usual Glastonbury goers as well as the 247,800 extra Foo Fighters fans trying for Glastonbury as well. Obviously there'd be some crossover but you understand what I'm trying to say.

Indeed, if Foo's want todo R&L and Glastonbury next year they will. Tickets will be gone for Glastonbury, R&L will announce Foo's early I'd presume anyway so ticket sales will already be on the go and Wembley will sell out no bother. Green Day did Emirates and R&L aren't as big either. If R&L have roped in Foo's and Blur (I think they will) then they won't have an issue selling tickets. They'd obviously like Foo's on Exclusive but they didn't even have The Libs tied to an Exclusive, who must have been clearly doing a secret set someway on Friday, whether it was originally to open Other or what and got bumped etc hence they were never booked as one. Carl's whole, I don't think we're doing Glastonbury wasn't believable at all.

Indeed, if Foo's want todo R&L and Glastonbury next year they will. Tickets will be gone for Glastonbury, R&L will announce Foo's early I'd presume anyway so ticket sales will already be on the go and Wembley will sell out no bother. Green Day did Emirates and R&L aren't as big either. If R&L have roped in Foo's and Blur (I think they will) then they won't have an issue selling tickets. They'd obviously like Foo's on Exclusive but they didn't even have The Libs tied to an Exclusive, who must have been clearly doing a secret set someway on Friday, whether it was originally to open Other or what and got bumped etc hence they were never booked as one. Carl's whole, I don't think we're doing Glastonbury wasn't believable at all.

They weren't an exclusive at R&L cos their headlining T.

They weren't an exclusive at R&L cos their headlining T.

They normally advertise them as an English exclusive if they're doing T, which they didn't.

Sorry, this is actually what I meant as Will said. As soon as it wasn't an English Exclusive I was set on that they'd appear at Glasto and if not in that sub slot they still would have. It was the only factor stopping R&L purely having them. Naturally there would have been nowhere near the amount the share it at Glasto had the Foo's thing not happened and I' betting R&L would rather it not have gone that way, given they still have all this month and a fair bit of next with tickets to sell.

I would have thought the libertines set would help R+L ticket sales with it being televised

Not really no as a big portion of who saw it on TV probably already have tickets and instead of a couple of thousand getting to see them, a crowd easily as big as they'll get at Reading probaby did and if they didn't have a ticket may not bother. It's not been hard to see them either before this year. If they were only subbing at R&L it'd be a little different.

Pyramid: FOO FIGHTERS / Chase and Status / Royal Blood / Iggy Pop

Other: Bastille

Pyramid: ADELE / Ellie Goulding / Jake Bugg

Other: Disclosure

Pyramid: Biffy Clyro / Bon Iver

Other: Pet Shop Boys

Can't really think of much right now...