Headliners 2016

thewayiam

Isn't that kind of the point? The fact they headlined those show that they're an outright headliner, and their IOW placing suggests that co-headline slots are given to outright headliners.

While it does, co-headliner slots are given more to acts here with closing dance acts. While I'll agree with you in a way, I'll also say that if they only had 1hr 15 mins of time, I wouldn't say it's complete headline set. If the festival had deemed them both capable of full headline set's then they would've taken up different days and Blink not play. From what I heard, Paramore's crowd was more demanding of a headline set. I do think a headliner needs a set of 1hr 30 to maybe to call it a proper headline set.

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Queen + Adam Lambert are in with a shout maybe we'll get Fleetwood Bac, generally considered as the best Fleetwood Mac tribute band?

As an aside I saw FM at the O2 on Thursday and they would have made brilliant headliners IMO, they are made for the pyramid, obviously very unlikely to ever happen now though.

I think next year, without a doubt we will get a female headliner out of Rhianna/Taylor Swift/Kylie/Maddona. After all of Emily Eavis's comments about female headliners, and everybody else suggesting it should have been Flo instead of the Who surely next year will be the year for the big female headliner?

Biffy Clyro / Foals

Coldplay / Bon Iver

Rihanna / Kendrick Lamar

The National

Disclosure

Sigur Rós

Bon Iver on the Pyramid is a hell of a mismatch. Would probably be Other headline but I could only see one of The National/Sigur Ros/Bon Iver doing it.

Also I know we said the same about Flo this year but I can't see Foals subbing when they can headline elsewhere.

Bon Iver on the Pyramid is a hell of a mismatch. Would probably be Other headline but I could only see one of The National/Sigur Ros/Bon Iver doing it.

Also I know we said the same about Flo this year but I can't see Foals subbing when they can headline elsewhere.

I will not accept Bon Iver as a Pyramid sub, a thousand times no.

Yeah I wasn't gonna have Sigur Rós but couldn't think of anyone to put instead. I guess you could swap Bon Iver and The National but I was just thinking Bon Iver probably have/has more mainstream popularity.

I like Foals, but I think people here overestimate them. I can't see them headlining major festivals. I think Bestival and Latitude are probably the biggest they'll go. Subbing seems fair for them, though.

I think it'll certainly be R&L for them before Glasto at least. But as you say there is nothing (as yet) before I get flamed to suggest a bump up to headliner yet. Most people I know who don't mind them think the suggestion for them to headline is silly, I personally think subbing is as well but that's more down to me not being arsed by them.

Emily just said on the radio that they are "pretty much booked up for next year"

and they've had a few calls about next years headliners, then talked about how bands seem to get booked so far in advance now.

Interesting..

That is the Eavis party line which they always stick to. They weren't booked up for this year until a few weeks ago.

That is the Eavis party line which they always stick to. They weren't booked up for this year until a few weeks ago.

we don't know that.

they may have had someone booked for quite a while and then something happened which caused The Who to have to be booked.

most big headline sized bands plan tours about a year in advance, especially stadium type ones.

tomayto, tomahto. I was excluding 'being tenatively pencilled in' from the definition of 'booked'.

not really sure what that has to do with my comment.

headliners may be booked and completely signed off and deposits paid and then pull out at a later date for some reason. that may have happened this year.

you said it didn't happen, you have no idea what happened.

i'm sure the festival that had Paul Weller on the Sunday would have said he was "booked" and not tentatively "pencilled in".

Edited by ghostdancer1