Headliners 2016

thewayiam

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Learning from my mistakes and saying that there are absolutely no 'stick ons'.

Biffy may be a likely shout but we all know how unpredictable things could go, they could headline Download instead... or do something completely different.. we never know!

I'm predicting Rihanna simply because she's the last of the Jay-Z clan not to headline, and I think it'l be easier to get her by next June as right now she'l probably want to take the highest-paying shows to promote her new album.

Radiohead? Well you need something optimistic and nice... however Thom's comments don't sound too good for a future radiohead appearance :(

Learning from my mistakes and saying that there are absolutely no 'stick ons'.

Biffy may be a likely shout but we all know how unpredictable things could go, they could headline Download instead... or do something completely different.. we never know!

I'm predicting Rihanna simply because she's the last of the Jay-Z clan not to headline, and I think it'l be easier to get her by next June as right now she'l probably want to take the highest-paying shows to promote her new album.

Radiohead? Well you need something optimistic and nice... however Thom's comments don't sound too good for a future radiohead appearance :(

The what?

Surely AC/DC and Muse have a huge chance. I'm not too sure whether all the would happen but you never know?!

TBH it would work very very well.

it'd be the second summer of Muse touring Drones which makes it unlikely to be them i'd say. could well be the other two though!

Bloc Party have just announced a show in LA for August this year, saying it's a break from recordig their 5th studio album

I'm not expecting them to headline(didn't know what thread to post it in) but I do expect if their back with new material they may play a slot of prominence

Bloc Party have just announced a show in LA for August this year, saying it's a break from recordig their 5th studio album

I'm not expecting them to headline(didn't know what thread to post it in) but I do expect if their back with new material they may play a slot of prominence

of what prominence do you speak? i don't think they'd warrant much more than a high-ish Other spot or possibly even JP headline these days. there was a bit of hype over the initial reunion, but this second time round a lot less people seem to care

I'd say Bloc Party are an other sub / JP headliner

but now even as I type.. other sub sounds a bit too big.

Think they are now filed under bands that were great in their peak but now they just aren't relevant anymore... which is a shame because they are great.

of what prominence do you speak? i don't think they'd warrant much more than a high-ish Other spot or possibly even JP headline these days. there was a bit of hype over the initial reunion, but this second time round a lot less people seem to care

Something like that, i would imagine they'd sub or headline a stage either JP or the other I'm not quite sure, wasn't aiming at anything in particular