Lineup

First ever post for my first ever Glastonbury!

Sorry if this should go somewhere else or there is already one for this. But, does anyone think there will be any more big bands announced? Not headliners obviously, but bands further down the lineup. I know the lineup poster says more will be announced, but I'm very keen to find out the stature of them, as I'm not really happy about the lineup at all.

Cheers

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a list Andeeroo put together of all the acts on the main stages that we didn't get on the first poster last year - there's a lot (and there was about a dozen more acts on the poster last year):

Had a spare ten minutes. This is the list of the names that were missing from last year's poster on the (arguably) main stages: Pyramid, Other, West Holts, John Peel, The Park, Acoustic, Avalon, Leftfield. There is a lot!

Pyramid

The War On Drugs

Turtle Island

Metallica

Nick Mulvey

Caro Emerald

English National Ballet

Other Stage

Haim

Band Of Skulls

Tba

Imagine Dragons

Circa Waves

Jake Isaac

Ellie Goulding

Bombay Bicycle Club

The Horrors

Sam Smith

White Lies

Lucy Rose

The Subways

Bajofondo

West Holts Stage

Vintage Trouble

Deltron 3030

The Stepkids

The London Sinfonietta And Synergy Vocals & Jonny Greenwood

The Internet

John Wizards

The Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band

The Lee Thompson Ska Orchestra

Troker

Melt Yourself Down

M+A

The Park Stage

2 Bears (Dj Set)

Jimi Goodwin

Don Cavalli

Bipolar Sunshine

All We Are

Anna Calvi

Nina Persson

Cate Le Bon

Young Fathers

Vance Joy

Luke Sital-Singh

St. Vincent

Yoko Ono Plastic Ono Band

Juana Molina

Thunderbirds Are Go

Lau

The Rails

John Peel Stage

Kaiser Chiefs

Lykke Li

Wild Beasts

Poliça

Drenge

Jungle

Money For Rope

Echo And The Empress

Twin Atlantic

Clean Bandit

Fat White Family

Hozier

Reignwolf

The Black Tambourines

The Brian Jonestown Massacre

Bleachers

King Charles

Dry The River

Tba

George Ezra

Lonely The Brave

The Preatures

Darlia

Acoustic

The Blues Band

Dr Feelgood

Fisherman's Friends

Tony Joe White

Holly Williams

Danny & The Champions Of The World

Hozier

The Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band

James Bay

Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott

Nick Lowe

Kacey Musgraves

John Illsley (Dire Straits) & Band

Thea Gilmore

Ethan Johns

The Riptide Movement

Aoife O'donovan

Hero Fisher

Alison Moyet

Clannad

House Gospel Choir

Rainy Boy Sleep

Sturgill Simpson

Galia Arad

Booka Brass Band

The Henry Girls

Avalon

The Selecter

Newton Faulkner

Sophie Ellis-Bextor

Hazel O'connor

Hudson Taylor

Michael Kiwanuka

Blackbeard's Tea Party

Hobo Jones & The Junkyard Dogs

Jonny Lang

Emilíana Torrini

Beth Orton

The Bad Shepherds

Skinny Lister

Dervish

Larkin Poe

Marika Hackman

Rusty Shackle

Peatbog Faeries

Dry The River

Johnny Flynn & The Sussex Wit

Gabrielle Aplin

North Mississippi Allstars

The Mariachis

3 Daft Monkeys

Cc Smugglers

Gibson Bull

Left Field

Billy Bragg

Speech Debelle

The Tuts

Dan Le Sac vs Scroobius Pip

Jon Langford

The Hurriers

Anti-Flag

Kate Tempest

Alba Roma

First ever post for my first ever Glastonbury!

Sorry if this should go somewhere else or there is already one for this. But, does anyone think there will be any more big bands announced? Not headliners obviously, but bands further down the lineup. I know the lineup poster says more will be announced, but I'm very keen to find out the stature of them, as I'm not really happy about the lineup at all.

Cheers

Out of interest. What is it about the line up so far that you are unhappy with!? And I'm not talking specifically about headliners. Cheers and welcome to the forum :)

There will be plenty more names announced, as people have said. There's over 100 stages so the vast majority of the time there'll be something you want to see or someone you'll love that you haven't discovered yet.

More importantly though, as soon as you arrive you'll realise the lineup is trivial to how much of a great time you have. A weaker lineup is just an excuse to experience everything else the festival has to offer. Try checking out the Areas page on the official website. You will have a fantastic time! Welcome to the forum.

Quite amazing really, and I am already fairly satisfied with the line up!

Me too. I think I'd had it in my head that we'd get something similar to the above then headliners in June. So to get it the other way around I'm a bit miffed!

Doubt we will get anything more till they announce all the stage times. Anyone got a copy of the announcment thingy so we can post it in this new thread.

19 December 13 - Arcade Fire

27 February 14 - Dolly Parton

1-7 April 14 - Payment window (UK)

4 April 14 - Initial Poster Reveal

27 April 14 - Resale

1 May 14 - Circus and Theatre

8 May 14 - Full Poster revealed

22 May 14 - Full Line Up (64 stages)

4 June 14 - Running times

Hoping they saved some money on getting who/weller compared to prince and have booked a couple more last minute 'bigger' bands

i very much doubt that has happened - do you really think the fee for The Who + Paul Weller, who both had other gigs scheduled, would be less than Prince? i don't

Also, there's no way that there would be any big slots left to fill

well, we didn't think we had a sub left but then came Weller! but yeah i agree, most of the truly sizeable slots are taken. this talk of Van Morrison being third under Pharrell seems pretty unlikely to me

Thanks for all the replies and opinions! I wish I could reply as quickly a lot of you did. When it comes to acts below the headliners I would liked to have seen some of these bigger/more established bands, as there are too many newer bands that I don't really know much about (obviously RB are still kinda new, but they're already very big) :-

Biffy Clyro

Stereophonics

Royal Blood

The Charlatans

Ocean Colour Scene

Manic Street Preachers

The Enemy

The Kaiser Chiefs

The Black Keys

Jake Bugg

Primal Scream

We're flying from Glasgow, so not keen to get a refund as we can't get a refund on our return flights.

As for my other reasons for being unhappy - Kanye West and that theres a few too many other dance/hip hop/r'n'b acts for my liking. But, it seems that all the festivals are getting lots of acts like these nowadays. I know they can't please everyone and this is my own personal option, but I can't help but feel disappointed with the lineup so far. My mates missus has said she won't be going and he may follow, which leaves me on my own.

That is true about a weaker lineup and that almost forcing you go see other bands etc and that you may end up liking some you'd never listened to much before I suppose.

As disappointed as I am, I'll still be going. Looking forward to the full lineup announcement later this month hopefully.

Thanks for all the replies and opinions! I wish I could reply as quickly a lot of you did. When it comes to acts below the headliners I would liked to have seen some of these bigger/more established bands, as there are too many newer bands that I don't really know much about (obviously RB are still kinda new, but they're already very big) :-

Biffy Clyro

Stereophonics

Royal Blood

The Charlatans

Ocean Colour Scene

Manic Street Preachers

The Enemy

The Kaiser Chiefs

The Black Keys

Jake Bugg

Primal Scream

We're flying from Glasgow, so not keen to get a refund as we can't get a refund on our return flights.

As for my other reasons for being unhappy - Kanye West and that theres a few too many other dance/hip hop/r'n'b acts for my liking. But, it seems that all the festivals are getting lots of acts like these nowadays. I know they can't please everyone and this is my own personal option, but I can't help but feel disappointed with the lineup so far. My mates missus has said she won't be going and he may follow, which leaves me on my own.

That is true about a weaker lineup and that almost forcing you go see other bands etc and that you may end up liking some you'd never listened to much before I suppose.

As disappointed as I am, I'll still be going. Looking forward to the full lineup announcement later this month hopefully.

many of the acts you list played in the last two years so were always unlikely to be playing again this year (Royal Blood, Manic Street Preachers, Kaiser Chiefs, The Black Keys, Jake Bugg, Primal Scream) so you were always gonna be out of luck if that's what you were hoping for

i think you need to explore the lineup a bit more as there's tons of gems in there, although judging from your list of bands, you have quite a specific taste in music that this years lineup (so far) perhaps doesn't cover so much

You clearly havent been before! The best acts you will see over the weekend will be from the 1900 or so acts you have never even heard of yet! I guarantee you that. It's why I go each year and what makes the festival so special

Edited by dingbat2

many of the acts you list played in the last two years so were always unlikely to be playing again this year (Royal Blood, Manic Street Preachers, Kaiser Chiefs, The Black Keys, Jake Bugg, Primal Scream) so you were always gonna be out of luck if that's what you were hoping for

i think you need to explore the lineup a bit more as there's tons of gems in there, although judging from your list of bands, you have quite a specific taste in music that this years lineup (so far) perhaps doesn't cover so much

very diplomatic! xD

Biffy Clyro

Stereophonics

Royal Blood

The Charlatans

Ocean Colour Scene

Manic Street Preachers

The Enemy

The Kaiser Chiefs

The Black Keys

Jake Bugg

Primal Scream

The music is an added bonus mate. The festival is a piss take. Don't worry about it.

I'm genuinely concerned that there are too many (7 or so) acts I want to see, as it takes away from the other stuff I want to do whilst there.

Oh and chat to the others who are going solo on here, loads of people in same boat . I'd like to give it a go on my own one year, wwould be cool!

Edited by Stokesy10