Has anyone refunded before?

Swine_Glasto2014

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in deliema! Got a newborn who will be 9 weeks old come glasto weekend. My parents will look after the little man but i don't want to leave him. I'm on the verge of ringing and cancelling but desperately don't want to :-( ive got till Friday I know but i really don't knkw what to do :-(

I'm in deliema! Got a newborn who will be 9 weeks old come glasto weekend. My parents will look after the little man but i don't want to leave him. I'm on the verge of ringing and cancelling but desperately don't want to :-( ive got till Friday I know but i really don't knkw what to do :-(

Lots of people have said, Jennie...GO and take him with you. Ear defenders and a slight change in approach/acknowledgement that it'll be diffferent and you'll be fine. Think of the tales you will tell him.

Or...leave him with the GPs and go! As the dad of three teenagers, I can promise you that he will never have an issue with you having been away! If you can cope with the emotional tug, then go, have a great time and come back to him refreshed.

Either way, don't not go, for goodness' sake!

Ben

x

Lots of people have said, Jennie...GO and take him with you. Ear defenders and a slight change in approach/acknowledgement that it'll be diffferent and you'll be fine. Think of the tales you will tell him.

Or...leave him with the GPs and go! As the dad of three teenagers, I can promise you that he will never have an issue with you having been away! If you can cope with the emotional tug, then go, have a great time and come back to him refreshed.

Either way, don't not go, for goodness' sake!

Ben

x

Thanks Ben.

Thanks Ben.

Hey, I'm a newbie (to GF, but an annual festival devotee) and I already feel I may be unable not to want to go to GF every year...and I've not even been once yet!

Your sig indicates your love for the festival.

I know what it's like in those first few weeks, so you should have a careful honest conversation with yourself and each other. Will you be ok to be away from him for five days? Only you can know that. But, you know what, you'll give him everything for 18 years (and then the next 40), and it sounds as if your folks are genuinely fine with having him, and therefore with the whole idea of you going. GF seems to be something very important to you. You can still devote 99% of yourself to him, without feeling guilty about still doing some things that are, essentially, for you.

:)

Ben

x

Edited by bennyhana22

Hey, I'm a newbie (to GF, but an annual festival devotee) and I already feel I may be unable not to want to go to GF every year...and I've not even been once yet!

Your sig indicates your love for the festival.

I know what it's like in those first few weeks, so you should have a careful honest conversation with yourself and each other. Will you be ok to be away from him for five days? Only you can know that. But, you know what, you'll give him everything for 18 years (and then the next 40), and it sounds as if your folks are genuinely fine with having him, and therefore with the whole idea of you going. GF seems to be something very important to you. You can still devote 99% of yourself to him, without feeling guilty about still doing some things that are, essentially, for you.

:)

Ben

x

You will love the place. I bet you won't return to previous festivals you have done before, purely because gf is like no other!

Me and hubby spoke last night and we can't leave him for that length of time. We could only really do sat and sun. Meaning we would miss so much. We are 99% sure we are gonna cancel and take the little man next year x

You will love the place. I bet you won't return to previous festivals you have done before, purely because gf is like no other!

Me and hubby spoke last night and we can't leave him for that length of time. We could only really do sat and sun. Meaning we would miss so much. We are 99% sure we are gonna cancel and take the little man next year x

Well, well done to you two for finding the best solution. Glastonbury will be there for you (almost) every year. His first few months will only be here once.

Have fun with him, Jennie...they're 'orrible when they're teenagers! I'll raise a glass to you at the festival...

Ben

x

This makes me a little sad. :( We took our little boy in 2013 (he was a bit older at 6 months, but still totally reliant on us), and we all had a great time. It is a different experience with kids, but still fantastic! I guess only you can decide if taking yours is an option you'd be happy with.

Just out of interest, are his grandparents close enough to collect him part way through the festival? That's what we're doing this year. He'll have the first few days with us, to enjoy the sights and sounds, then he's being collected Saturday morning, so we can have a couple of days to let our hair down a bit more. Just a thought!

Whatever you decide, congratulations on the birth! Hope you take him at least one year, even if it's not this year. He'll absolutely love it! :)

Well, well done to you two for finding the best solution. Glastonbury will be there for you (almost) every year. His first few months will only be here once.

Have fun with him, Jennie...they're 'orrible when they're teenagers! I'll raise a glass to you at the festival...

Ben

x

Aww thanks :-)

This makes me a little sad. :( We took our little boy in 2013 (he was a bit older at 6 months, but still totally reliant on us), and we all had a great time. It is a different experience with kids, but still fantastic! I guess only you can decide if taking yours is an option you'd be happy with.

Just out of interest, are his grandparents close enough to collect him part way through the festival? That's what we're doing this year. He'll have the first few days with us, to enjoy the sights and sounds, then he's being collected Saturday morning, so we can have a couple of days to let our hair down a bit more. Just a thought!

Whatever you decide, congratulations on the birth! Hope you take him at least one year, even if it's not this year. He'll absolutely love it! :)

They live about 5 hours away in the north but yeh would come and get him as they are fab! The little man will definitely be going in the future. I want him to experience it, as there aren't many places in the world where everyone is happy go lucky! We will have the vw camper finished for next year too which will make things easier x

You've got the best thing in the world right there with you. Second best Glastonbury, like benny says, you can do that next year. Enjoy the time with your youngun, it goes real quick :)

Sorry Jenny but I've gotta go the other way here.

Your little poo and puke factory won't miss you for 5 days. Its 5 days out of the next whole 18 months or so you have of baby time!!

See it as a little 'you' time. I honestly would go this year, leave him with the 'rents, and enjoy yourself. I can't see it being any easier to go and leave a real young toddler in a year or two's time, when they can't wander around, pull things, fall over and draw on walls!!!

Don't do it. Five days is nothing in the grand scheme of things.