Papantla's Flyers

UK_Eduardo

Ok, I don't see it's confirmed but according to a friend of mine it is (and efestivals says they're Strong Rumored)

As a Mexican I'm really glad and happy that Papantla's Flyers (Voladores de Papantla) are attending this year's Glastonbury.

They're one of our most important culture treasures and I think many of you will really enjoy to see their show. I post a video here, in case you are interested you can do a research on your own about this important tradition and its meaning. I just wanted to share it with you!

Cheers mates!

The official site doesn't mention Papantla's Flyers specifically, but does say this:

PALO VOLADOR IN CIRCUS FIELD

Our extremely special visitors from the Cumbre Tajín Festival de la Identidad will perform the extraordinary Mexican Ritual Ceremony, VOLADORES, daily in the Circus Field. These brave Mexicans fly on ropes from a 20 metre pole, as part of an ancient ritual display, whilst leaving one man atop, dancing and playing a flute and drum. Were thrilled to welcome this truly incredible spectacle to Glastonbury.

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/2015-theatre-circus-line-up-announcement/

Edited by Brave Sir Robin

The official site doesn't mention Papantla's Flyers specifically, but does say this:

PALO VOLADOR IN CIRCUS FIELD

Our extremely special visitors from the Cumbre Tajín Festival de la Identidad will perform the extraordinary Mexican Ritual Ceremony, VOLADORES, daily in the Circus Field. These brave Mexicans fly on ropes from a 20 metre pole, as part of an ancient ritual display, whilst leaving one man atop, dancing and playing a flute and drum. Were thrilled to welcome this truly incredible spectacle to Glastonbury.

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/2015-theatre-circus-line-up-announcement/

Oh I see, so they are referring to them by this "Palo Volador", translation to that would be like "Flying Pole" or something, but then it's official, that's them :)!

Good to see they're getting to Glastonbury, if you mates get the chance to go see them you will really enjoy. Day is yet to be confirmed, I would expect for them to be on Wednesday or Thursday since I wanna go to the stages the other 3 days, but let's see...

Edited by UK_Eduardo

Oh I see, so they are referring to them by this "Palo Volador", translation to that would be like "Flying Pole" or something, but then it's official, that's them :)!

Good to see they're getting to Glastonbury, if you mates get the chance to go see them you will really enjoy. Day is yet to be confirmed, I would expect for them to be on Wednesday or Thursday since I wanna go to the stages the other 3 days, but let's see...

According to this article, they are going to be on every day: http://m.centralsomersetgazette.co.uk/Glastonbury-Festival-2015-Theatre-Circus-line/story-26402134-detail/story.html