Muse

42hamlet

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonder what that was all about then.  Wonder if we'll ever find out.

Very strange! I've followed Muse for years (since the showbiz days) and seen them live over 25 times. It's not like Matt to lie and he's hardly known for his sense of humour! 

Whatever, it initially made me buy a ticket but ill be going regardless as i love Bestival

Chems doing a very late set to close the main stage as RDB has got a special late noise licence from IoW council maybe?

Hmmm, wouldn't even need to be later than normal.  Sunset is around 7pm at that time of year, and Annie Mac can play while the stage is being changed over:

19:15-20:45 Muse

20:45-22:15 Annie Mac

22:15-23:45 The Chemical Brothers

Hmmm, wouldn't even need to be later than normal. Sunset is around 7pm at that time of year, and Annie Mac can play while the stage is being changed over:

19:15-20:45 Muse

20:45-22:15 Annie Mac

22:15-23:45 The Chemical Brothers

That would be a strong Saturday on the main stage. It must be Muse. If not I bet Matt wishes he kept his mouth shut.

The way that the Bestival Facebook has been replying to all the "Where's Muse?" queries suggests it is definitely Muse.

I wonder if it was supposed to be kept a secret right up until they appeared on stage.  (Which would've been a stupid idea because Muse shift tickets.)

I imagine what happened is that Muse were originally booked for Friday, but then decided they could only make the Saturday.  But the Chems had already been announced for Saturday, so this is how it's ended up.

We could even find out when the change happened if we looked back through Duran Duran's tweets for their announcement that they were now playing Friday instead of Saturday.

Edited by smogo

• 1 month later...

So I just bumped into Matt Bellamy at Newton Abbot station (he was waiting outside for his mum to pick him up, bless), so I asked him if Muse were playing bestival and he said "no", I said I thought they were the special guests and he said "definitely not". Said about download and something about a UK tour coming up early next year. Nice guy. Very polite.

So there you have it folks. Straight from the horses mouth. Unless he wasn't prepared to say yes, he seemed pretty adamant though

Think when he said it at the snooker he wasn't supposed to say anything, and one of two things has happened. Either he has ballsed up the secrecy contract where they werent to be announced and they now aren't playing. Or they've been told to say no to everyone if anyone asks. I like the think the latter

I did see some girl tweeted RDB and said 'Come on, I'm about to pay £300, is it them?" and he replied 'If you're disappointed, I'll give you the money myself'. It's Muse. And I don't even like Muse. (Though I'll probably go and watch them in this context.)

Edited by Homer

it's weird that he'd say it so bluntly in a TV interview but wouldn't just tell a fan asking him on the street (although at the time of the interview maybe they were still lined up to headline and not just appear as special guests - the Duran Duran 'bump up' happened after the snooker interview right?)