Documentary - Hacienda

mypig7

Hi,

I'm showing a film at the festival, on the Saturday, details to be confirmed.

It's a labour of love & once we show it at other places after Glastonbury any money we make will be going to Kidneys for Life & Cancer Research, 2 worthy causes.

It's about what happened to the parts of the Hacienda nightclub when they knocked it down.

Here's a teaser for it http://vimeo.com/103746442 .

​Apologies there is 1 potty mouth word in the clip, as it features a certain Gallagher brother.

If anyone would like to know when it's on, I'll post on here.

Thanks

Chris

God i remember the Hacienda in the 90's , i went there with a Mancunian friend after we met in Tenerife, i was on a year off from work and he introduced me to E's, a very memberable two weeks raving in that club ! :)

Will definitely try & see this. I first went to the Haçienda either the second or third week after it opened in 82, there were no other punters in there apart from me & my two mates the whole night! Strangely enough the first band I saw in there a couple of months later was Simple Minds & the first time I ever saw The Fall was also at the Haçienda the next year. Will your film be shown at the cinema tent Chris?

Hi Davidd, are you going to the festival this year?

Hi Mozzy, couldn't get in the cinema tent. We are showing at the groovy movie solar powered tent. Holds about 180 people I think.

I'll post on here to update everyone and I also post on twitter as @owndancefloor.

Hope you can make it.

We're going to be giving out free cookies and have a free raffle for a piece of hacienda dance floor

Will definitely try & see this. I first went to the Haçienda either the second or third week after it opened in 82, there were no other punters in there apart from me & my two mates the whole night! Strangely enough the first band I saw in there a couple of months later was Simple Minds & the first time I ever saw The Fall was also at the Haçienda the next year. Will your film be shown at the cinema tent Chris?

You could quite easily get lost in that place! I remember there being at least 12 of us one night, you could find all sorts of nooks to hide yourself ;) , and i remember the bouncy dance floor created by the bass! I remember that Adamski played one night and i'm sure i saw Faithless play there, though drug addled memory might make me wrong on that one :)

You could quite easily get lost in that place! I remember there being at least 12 of us one night, you could find all sorts of nooks to hide yourself ;) , and i remember the bouncy dance floor created by the bass! I remember that Adamski played one night and i'm sure i saw Faithless play there, though drug addled memory might make me wrong on that one :)

Know exactly what you mean! What a place, I’ve never been anywhere with quite the same atmosphere. Even though it was inevitable it would close (God knows how much New Order sank into it) it was a very sad day when it all ended.

Everyone talks fondly of the Adamski night, even those who didn't like his music.

Are you going to the festival Ghandi?

Everyone talks fondly of the Adamski night, even those who didn't like his music.

Are you going to the festival Ghandi?

Hi mypig7 yes I will be going

Looking like 6pm on the Sat at the Groovy Movie cinema tent, if you can make it. Free cookies. And a free raffle for something from the club.

we'd love to see you there.

really like the sound of this, but i make you no promises, you know how the festival can be..

Looking like 6pm on the Sat at the Groovy Movie cinema tent, if you can make it. Free cookies. And a free raffle for something from the club.

we'd love to see you there.

Thanks, if i am in the area, and actually remember i will pop in, 6pm Saturday though? Not so sure.

Liking the look of this. Is there any other way to see it apart from at the festival?

HI, Showing in Manchester soon after, then Leeds and maybe another big festival (tbc) if you follow me @owndancefloor on twitter I tend to update that a lot.

I went in the twilight years of the club and it had none of the magic that I am led to believe existed in the glory years. I am happy to say I went but I never felt the magic there. I realise its importance in the Mancunian music history so would be good to see it.

My husband was a regular at the club for a time so he's hoping to come and see the film. All a bit before my time (and I never done the right drugs ;) )

6pm at the Groovy Movie Cinema tent on the Sat. Cookies and a free raffle for a piece of Hacienda dance floor!

I went in the twilight years of the club and it had none of the magic that I am led to believe existed in the glory years. I am happy to say I went but I never felt the magic there. I realise its importance in the Mancunian music history so would be good to see it.

Great stuff. We've tracked down lots of parts of it to find out what people have and why they need to have a piece.

One guy has a toilet that he has fitted a laser & a smoke machine to:)

Would love you to come along.