The Who

budvar

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Who are my favourite band ever. I'm too young to have seen them with Entwistle and Moon sadly, but the twice I've seen them they have still been brilliant.

Trying not to get my hopes up, as it still seems a bit of a long shot with the Paris gig, but can't deny I'm pretty excited with even the slight possibility it could happen.

As others have said though, pretty shit on anybody that had booked travel to France for the Paris gig if it is true.

very uch doubt that happened.

there's just no tickets available to buy.

there's none for the 2nd night either, nor any available for Dublin.

only 3 available for Amsterdam.

for a smaller venue like that with a sold-out gig, very few tickets being re-sold isn't unusual.

there's absolutely nothing to suggest that anything has been "deactivated".

I'm confused. I was talking about Viagogo, where the tickets are named and shown (even prices and locations of tickets are displayed on the page) but the links to buy are greyed out:

http://www.viagogo.co.uk/Concert-Tickets/Rock-and-Pop/The-Who-Tickets/E-728036

This is the exact sort or tripe we can expect from the sun, utter tripe

Even the subs they've stated don't seem realistic, they sound like someone that's just pulled a few of their favourite acts out of their arse to make it sound credible

Paul Weller subbing. I'm a fan but it'd have to be a greatest hits set, mostly jam songs, for him to pull off a sub set at glasto.

I've said it in the headliners thread. All the uncertainty and the fact the touted bands are changing on a weekly basis means no one has a clue what's going on, which makes me think it's all a massive smokescreen for prince playing with noel subbing

Paul Weller subbing. I'm a fan but it'd have to be a greatest hits set, mostly jam songs, for him to pull off a sub set at glasto.

I've said it in the headliners thread. All the uncertainty and the fact the touted bands are changing on a weekly basis means no one has a clue what's going on, which makes me think it's all a massive smokescreen for prince playing with noel subbing

I don't think he will but given his comments previous about Glasto, he may not want to take less, in which case, they've probably just booked Van Morrison is reality instead. Unfortunate as it may be.

I'm confused. I was talking about Viagogo, where the tickets are named and shown (even prices and locations of tickets are displayed on the page) but the links to buy are greyed out:

http://www.viagogo.co.uk/Concert-Tickets/Rock-and-Pop/The-Who-Tickets/E-728036

oh right, I was talking about StubHub as someone made this point in the Headliners thread.

for viagogo, it's the same for the 2nd night with things greyed out too, and that is presumably still going ahead:

http://www.viagogo.co.uk/Concert-Tickets/Rock-and-Pop/The-Who-Tickets/E-728037

unless someone happened to be on viagogo and compare before and after The Sun story, then i don't think we can say that they were deactivated. more likely just no tickets being sold for a small venue. there's no reason for viagogo to stop selling tickets anyway, not to mention the fact that they're hardly on the ball enough to see The Sun story and take measures straight away based on some tabloid gossip.

Really can't see the Who cancelling a gig in Paris so late but thus is a strange story to be cooked up by the tabloid press. Unlike an 'Oasis will be reforming for Glasto' headline it ain't gonna sell papers so I'm curious as to where the article has come from.

Oh what are Wellers 'previous comments about Glasto' thewayjam? Don't think he's sub level myself but it's not all that implausible.

Edited by DGrant261

Really can't see the Who cancelling a gig in Paris so late but thus is a strange story to be cooked up by the tabloid press. Unlike an 'Oasis will be reforming for Glasto' headline it ain't gonna sell papers so I'm curious as to where the article has come from.

Oh what are Wellers 'previous comments about Glasto' thewayjam? Don't think he's sub level myself but it's not all that implausible.

It is designed to sell newspaper subscriptions. If you haven't subscribed the article basically says this:

'We know the Glastonbury headliner. Subscribe to find out who it is!!!'

Just had a great conversation with Mrs Jass:

Me: The Sun have ran an article claiming they know the third headliner.

MJ: Who?

Me: So you've seen it?

MJ: No. Who?

Me: So where did you hear it?

MJ: Hear what? Who?

Me: I know, should be good.

MJ: WHO IS THE THIRD HEADLINER???

Me: I KNOW!!!!

The winter nights just fly by in our house.

Just had a great conversation with Mrs Jass:

Me: The Sun have ran an article claiming they know the third headliner.

MJ: Who?

Me: So you've seen it?

MJ: No. Who?

Me: So where did you hear it?

MJ: Hear what? Who?

Me: I know, should be good.

MJ: WHO IS THE THIRD HEADLINER???

Me: I KNOW!!!!

The winter nights just fly by in our house.

She sounds like a keeper !

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2008/apr/22/glastonbury.paulweller

I agree he's not a sub, 3rd down probably but I don't think he'll play.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2008/apr/22/glastonbury.paulweller

I agree he's not a sub, 3rd down probably but I don't think he'll play.

Yeah, he doesn't only call the weather a sham from in this 2008 article but also he wants to play what he wants basically not just what the crowd want. The thing where this mentions Gallagher though, he is very much one of those people who say the festival crows want to hear your hits so you give it to them and save your new stuff etc for your own gigs. He said this coming off stage somewhere. I'm with you that he won't, I just read the idea of Noel and Weller being a last two, I know it doesn't have to be significant in the way that it's tickets to sell is the reason but wow that'd on the whole not be great!

Word I'm hearing is that the sun are right

Well that's really going to piss off 6,000 Who fans in Paris as well as any BST ticket-holders who think they're seeing the last ever Who gig in this country!

Blimey, is that Pete Townshend a friend of Dale Carnegie or what?

Yeah, he doesn't only call the weather a sham from in this 2008 article but also he wants to play what he wants basically not just what the crowd want. The thing where this mentions Gallagher though, he is very much one of those people who say the festival crows want to hear your hits so you give it to them and save your new stuff etc for your own gigs. He said this coming off stage somewhere. I'm with you that he won't, I just read the idea of Noel and Weller being a last two, I know it doesn't have to be significant in the way that it's tickets to sell is the reason but wow that'd on the whole not be great!

I think this is the interview you're on about

Ah crap, this would be about the worst Headliner they could book for me. I fucking hate the who with a vengeance. Tired old shit doing the rounds for 30 years with nothing new brought to the table, subbed by Weller would be tantamount to the creation of the dullest end to the festival in history.

If this turns out to be true I'll be really disappointed.

Well that's really going to piss off 6,000 Who fans in Paris as well as any BST ticket-holders who think they're seeing the last ever Who gig in this country!

Blimey, is that Pete Townshend a friend of Dale Carnegie or what?

BST was never touted as being the last Who gig in the UK. Stop being dramatic.

Ah crap, this would be about the worst Headliner they could book for me. I fucking hate the who with a vengeance. Tired old shit doing the rounds for 30 years with nothing new brought to the table, subbed by Weller would be tantamount to the creation of the dullest end to the festival in history.

If this turns out to be true I'll be really disappointed.

a booking surely begging for karmic retribution.

it'll piss down again.