The Who

budvar

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be over the (Keith) Moon if it was the Who! Wasn't there in 07!

At lot of people that attended wish they had not got tickets in 07

It was a bloody tough one !

Ive seen them twice, with and without The Ox. Far far better with Ent. Never seen a bass solo as good as he played at the end of 5:15.

Dunno, I'm sure I've seen bands play with just half of their former members and enjoyed it. Moon and John were just so integral to how the band sounded. I'll not be seeing anything new, unless it's chocka with special guests.

Firstly, like most, I'm highly sceptical about this story. There are has been so much rumour, conjecture and speculation surrounding the third headliner that I'll only truly believe anything when it's officially announced by the festival themselves.

If it is The Who I'll be pretty happy with them. Can't really remember anything from 07 beyond the pissing rain and Townsend's bizarre Internet rant. Wanted to get tickets for their TCT gigs this year but were just too expensive.

Unless Paris gig didn't exist in the first place!!

That's an angle that's occurred to me. A fake date to throw people off the scent.

I've just googled about it, and it seems to have been announced on 24th November, with both Paris shows being additions to dates already announced. That seems too far back for it to be faked, to me.

That's an angle that's occurred to me. A fake date to throw people off the scent.

I've just googled about it, and it seems to have been announced on 24th November, with both Paris shows being additions to dates already announced. That seems too far back for it to be faked, to me.

It's on Ticketmaster and the resellers so would be a pretty big con to hide the fact the who are playing

im into the realms of fantasy here...but, could the who/glasto have cooked this up as exposure for the whos tour and as a red herring for the real headliner...I mean where has this rumour come from? and how des this tie in with coldplay/chris martin? weird...

Is that because of the weather? I've heard stories!!

Aye it was a mud bath

I was in hiking boots and it was impossible to get em off so I just slept in them , the mud was ankle deep in most of the site .

im into the realms of fantasy here...but, could the who/glasto have cooked this up as exposure for the whos tour and as a red herring for the real headliner...I mean where has this rumour come from? and how des this tie in with coldplay/chris martin? weird...

No band or festival would do red herrings with gig dates - it is self defeating.

Aye it was a mud bath

I was in hiking boots and it was impossible to get em off so I just slept in them , the mud was ankle deep in most of the site .

Ah the memories! Remember arriving on the first day and it was glorious - then it started raining Thursday night and don't really remember it stopping!

It was a tough year but have some cracking memories of it too!

I think Kanye West and Foo Fighters should cancel Glasto and play in Paris

Rush should cancel New Jersey and DC cancel Glasgow

Rush

AC/DC

The Who

That's the new line up for The Pyramid

Yeah, they deactivated the ability to buy tickets last night just after the story broke. Reaction to the article maybe??

very uch doubt that happened.

there's just no tickets available to buy.

there's none for the 2nd night either, nor any available for Dublin.

only 3 available for Amsterdam.

for a smaller venue like that with a sold-out gig, very few tickets being re-sold isn't unusual.

there's absolutely nothing to suggest that anything has been "deactivated".

Ah the memories! Remember arriving on the first day and it was glorious - then it started raining Thursday night and don't really remember it stopping!

It was a tough year but have some cracking memories of it too!

I have very few memories of that year (possibly substance related). Remember the rain, Iggy and being at The Who for a bit before going to the The Chems. That's literally it. Might have to dig out the clash finder to piece together who I actually saw that weekend.

Is that because of the weather? I've heard stories!!

It was like a tropical Hurricane without the warmth and it came in mid way through their set and lasted all night. It nearly put me off going again.

Most of our group were so worn out that come Sunday night they just watched The Who from their tents.

I made the mammoth trek to see The Chems and it must have taken me an hour to get back to my tent in big ground from Other Stage the mud was that bad.

I had to go via the Circus field going via Cider Bus and Pyramid field was not an option !

I went to see someone in the dance area (someone from Ninja Tune, i think, maybe Mr Scruff), then splashed round to see the Chems for a few minutes, but pretty much I was a broken man by then.