The Who

budvar

So, if The Sun is to be believed, The Who will be closing the Pyramid on Sunday.

I enjoyed their set in 2007 (despite the lousy weather) but didn't think we'd see them at Glasto again.

This review from back then is a reminder of why this could be a good booking, though the extra 8 years may have taken their toll:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/3666099/The-Who-eclipse-the-rest-at-Glastonbury.html

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://thewho.com/tour/

Scroll down until you get to the 28th June.

Move on.

I refuse to believe that they've cancelled the Paris tour date. If so, it would mean I'd have a disgusting clash between them and the Chemical Brothers. I had my Sunday headline act planned out goddammit!

Edited by WessexBoy

Don't see the point in them playing again, surely it'll be an identical set list as the last time. May as well take a risk on a smaller British band and see if they can step up. No idea who could do that currently though!

They're a far bigger draw than most British acts they could bump up mind. I could only see Ed Sheeran getting a similar sized crowd (he's huge now isn't he?) but he's in the US at the time.

I'd love to see them.

Wasn't there in 07 so with the other names in the frame (Blur, FM, Swift) I would be really happy with this if true. The cancellation of a pre-agreed gig in France would seem like a contractual sticking point but maybe fits Neil's information of "having other shows". Subbed by NGHFB, yeah, I'd be massively up for this if it happens

If they are playing Paris, could they not play a really late show at Glastonbury and play both hence the double headliner, 1 hour time difference, straight in a helicopter and straight to glasto to take over from Noel Gallagher or Paul Weller

Do-able or pie in the sky ?

When I went to see Roger Waters at Wembley in 2013 it cost a couple of hundred pounds for hotels and travel etc, this would no doubt be more for Paris.

If I was going to see The Who in Paris I'd be contacting Emily or the Zenith asking for confirmation, so cancellations can be made to avoid losing too much money.

I feel the article is probably not true; it really wouldn't be fair on the people who've paid to see them in Paris.

Even the article says "We'll just have to wait for the official word from the Festival to find out if The Sun have got it right"

Unless Paris gig didn't exist in the first place!!

Interesting. I just went on to the French Viagogo and although it shows tickets available for both nights. If you try to purchase any this message comes up at the top:

Sorry! At this time, tickets for this event cannot be purchased.

:read:

Interesting. I just went on to the French Viagogo and although it shows tickets available for both nights. If you try to purchase any this message comes up at the top:

Sorry! At this time, tickets for this event cannot be purchased.

:read:

Yeah, they deactivated the ability to buy tickets last night just after the story broke. Reaction to the article maybe??

I would seriously not be a happy man if I had booked tickets to the Paris date.

Really can't see this being true, would be hugely unprofessional.

It does seem strange

But you would have thought The Sun must be pretty confident that their source is correct.

I cannot think of any act that would cancel a gig and then book another for the same night at a different location.

If that was the case it would not look good on The Who & Glastonbury !