Traffic Management Plan

parsonjack

I used to know a sneaky way in which involved ignoring one of the diversion signs (quite legally as that road had never been officially phohibited from public use). It hasn't really been of use in the last few years anyway as I have arrived around 2pm on the Wednesday and most people are already in by then.

I opened a gate on leaving the gridlocked West car parks a few years ago, and the gate took us onto an entirely empty lane and away from the festival area. Never quite understood why it wasn't in official use.

I opened a gate on leaving the gridlocked West car parks a few years ago, and the gate took us onto an entirely empty lane and away from the festival area. Never quite understood why it wasn't in official use.

It's a local road for local people!

If you arrive on the Wednesday doing the route I take then you end up being shepherded in to the far west car parks. This is a bit of a bastard on the way in to the festival as you have so much further to carry all your stuff in to the festival. However, it proves to be a blessing on the Monday morning as you walk past people who are going to be trapped in their vehicles for hours trying to get off site, while you can walk to your car and just drive away no bother.

If you arrive on the Wednesday doing the route I take then you end up being shepherded in to the far west car parks. This is a bit of a bastard on the way in to the festival as you have so much further to carry all your stuff in to the festival. However, it proves to be a blessing on the Monday morning as you walk past people who are going to be trapped in their vehicles for hours trying to get off site, while you can walk to your car and just drive away no bother.

Yeah we have been in W52/53 the past couple of years and been straight out the car park heading towards Wells on Monday lunchtime. Don't even find it all that far to the car although we do camp in Pylon.

Yeah we have been in W52/53 the past couple of years and been straight out the car park heading towards Wells on Monday lunchtime. Don't even find it all that far to the car although we do camp in Pylon.

I think it's the industrial quantities of alcohol that mostly weigh me down on the way in to the festival. It's a far more pleasant journey leaving the festival with a lighter load.

We stay at Greenacres campsite the night before and luckily the road we use to get to the site only close at 9am weds so we are lucky...saying that one year the guys were trying to force is in pink but we just said no & kept on driving as wanted to be in yellow (it was 6am so no need to be in pink at that time)

I think it's the industrial quantities of alcohol that mostly weigh me down on the way in to the festival. It's a far more pleasant journey leaving the festival with a lighter load.

Ha! Now that I've experienced the outer carparks and the ease we've got out them I'd rather the extra distance lugging my stuff in whilst being in a good mood and getting straight out on the Monday than being closer to the gates but stuck for hours on Monday in a jammed carpark after 5 days of little sleep and general excess!

Ha! Now that I've experienced the outer carparks and the ease we've got out them I'd rather the extra distance lugging my stuff in whilst being in a good mood and getting straight out on the Monday than being closer to the gates but stuck for hours on Monday in a jammed carpark after 5 days of little sleep and general excess!

I know what you mean - all the festival 'love' goes out of the window in those car parks nearer the festival on the Monday morning. Why put yourself through it when there's an alternative.

• 11 months later...