refresh

leeawilliams19

If you are a modern fair weather festival goer who is really worried about your fake tan and mascara running, or your hair going frizzy then yes it might be worth it. If you are more interested in watching live bands and don't mind crapping in a clean portaloo, then spend the money saved on beer.

Last year I didn't get which I did regret on the Saturday when we had to ridiculous weather that night, all I wanted was a shower after that. It very much depends, towards later on in the day the toilets can be just as bad. Also you have to time your shower times, between 7am and 12 you're looking at waiting for 30-60 mins in a queue

Dry shampoo and a hat. Toilets, good luck. Queues are too long and in 2012 watched people go into the showers boggin and come out boggin. There's showers and hair facilities at tangerine fields if that helps but even then I avoid them at all costs, waste of time and effort.

Where were the free ones?

From 2009-12, they were hidden behind Refresh at the very edge of the site. The men's showers were essentially a marquee with a shower block in the middle and chairs round the side for you to put stuff on. Never seen any queues and don't think they're ever that busy. They're not the most glamorous thing in the world but never understood why you'd bother paying for Refresh when there is free showers. Think they're only open during the day though (8am onwards?) as opposed to Refresh which I think is open 24hrs?

Edited by Stuart1000

There are free showers at every festival. Not that I'd know, the only time I've showered at a fest is when I've stayed in a hotel, which is once. Showering at a festival is a sign of weakness. As is changing any item of clothing without getting permission off the rest of teh group after soilage inspections. :)

There are free showers at every festival. Not that I'd know, the only time I've showered at a fest is when I've stayed in a hotel, which is once. Showering at a festival is a sign of weakness. As is changing any item of clothing without getting permission off the rest of teh group after soilage inspections. :)

Le ripe...but I like it haha