Nitrous oxide not welcome in the festivals sacred space

Pbird81

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have been turning a blind eye to it for years but when some of the nos sellers will earn more than the acts on the stages something needs to be done.

May not go down well but they just need security on the entrance to the stone circle and be polite with persons carrying massive ruck sacks.

If people have invested in charges etc and then lose them for nowt they may think twice about getting a zero return on their investment.

cant agree with this. The drug-stealing hired goons are as unwelcome in the sacred space as the nitrous oxide

While it is only annoying in the Stone Circle, it round me right up at Shhh the year before last as lots of people thought the best place to do it was right next to the kids sandpit.

My kids aren't wrapped up in cotton wool and they obviously know what weed smells like but having to explain why grownups are making that noise with balloons then leaving them all over the floor is a right ballache as its just such obvious drug taking.

There is defo a element of folk who dont give a flying fuck what, how, when and where they take their drugs. Like everything, just a little cop-on bordering on an unwritten etiquette is all thats required IMO.

Holding my kid to shelter from a passing shower in the bar nearest the kids field and a group of girls snorting off keys in plain site, in a circle, passing it about, in broad daylight was a particular low one year.

Gee Bags.............

cant agree with this. The drug-stealing hired goons are as unwelcome in the sacred space as the nitrous oxide

GFL could find some decent staff to watch the entrances to the Stone Circle - as I said most nos is brought up there in large rucksacks so not difficult to spot .

I certainly would not trust the security you refer to

GFL could find some decent staff to watch the entrances to the Stone Circle - as I said most nos is brought up there in large rucksacks so not difficult to spot .

I certainly would not trust the security you refer to

Aye, some kind of green police is needed to guilt people into stopping...but unfortunately it wouldnt end well for the volunteers I suspect

True Neil, but at least with the open air stages you have more options to move about and still have a good view of whose playing.

Well hopefully this year you will not have to move.

Apart from Stone Circle I have noticed it most by the tents and seen some massive charger piles outside tents.

Quite frankly I'm not fussed what particular intoxicant, tranquiliser, stimulant or psychoactive you want to partake of. But the noise of those fukking balloons grates my knob cheese.

The Stone Circle certainly isn't what it once was. Like others I prefer to chill up on the hill above Park near the Crow's Nest.

Quite frankly I'm not fussed what particular intoxicant, tranquiliser, stimulant or psychoactive you want to partake of. But the noise of those fukking balloons grates my knob cheese.

The Stone Circle certainly isn't what it once was. Like others I prefer to chill up on the hill above Park near the Crow's Nest.

Agreed!

Not sure of the appeal of the stuff anyway? The effects last a few seconds. 'Drugs' for people to pretend they're doing drugs.

The noise and litter from them really is a disgrace up at the stone circle. Hopefully there will be a reduction but as Russy said I doubt the people doing it will give a toss.

Edited by General Lee

How do people smuggle them in? Are they even taken off you on entry? Seen stories of people plugging some of their supplies to get through security but shoving a dispenser up your arse can't be healthy.

I took a couple hundered a few years ago for consumption among my mates & I opened up each can in a 24 slab of fosters with a can opener. Filled the emptys with loo roll & chargers (stop the jingling) and then resealed the box with a glue gun. It looked, felt & sounded like a normal box of beers (if a little lighter)

As for the dispenser that was carried in component form between 4-5 of us with the main body in with the Chargers. Worked a charm ;)

I also used to carry 3 dry bags with me, one for full chargers, one for balloons & one for emptys.

I'm a keen recycler anyway but 200 empty canisters is probably equivalent in weight to a good few months worth of bean cans so putting them in the right bin is worth while.

Edited by bennyboi

Festival goers may still smuggle the odd caninster and charger in but hopefully those that make money from it will not think it worse the risk to invest in the equipment and then have it confiscated.

At the Stone Circle it tended to be half a dozen regular sellers and the woosh of a nos cannot be disguised so if GFL make an effort they should be able to stop that.

Man the fuck up and do proper drugs :sarcastic:

Lol - absolutely!

I hear from a mate who knows one of the site organisers that they are wanting to crack down on the NOS thing this year if they can. Presumably they'll just get security to look for them more on the gates / hassle people overdoing it around the site.

Would love King's Meadow to be more like it was when I first started going - was an incredible vibe up there some years - before LV and Shangri-La it was the night spot to head to and was full of performers, often from the circus area, doing tricks with fire and stuff. Sigh.