Nitrous oxide not welcome in the festivals sacred space

Pbird81

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never really seen the appeal myself.

And it does get annoying walking over millions of tiny canisters all weekend!

Doubt the people who bring it in will be reading this statement though.

Same here.

Hopefully some will take note as it is bloody annoying seeing them littered everywhere.

There's genuine feeling in the article, but last year the festival outright told people not to bring nos, and clearly thousands ignored that. I worked last year, and arrived on the Monday. Spent time in Kings meadow Monday and Tuesday, and it was great. From Wednesday onwards, though, the atmosphere really did change, and I spent no more time there. Hope they find a way to sort this out, without being overly draconian about it. Something similar to the green police, maybe?

How do people smuggle them in? Are they even taken off you on entry? Seen stories of people plugging some of their supplies to get through security but shoving a dispenser up your arse can't be healthy.

I know the actual cannisters I saw at Bestival were brought in through catering packaging - cream whipper chargers or something...

I'm not going to lie, I like the odd balloon, even had a couple out here on holiday (surprised it was offered tbf) but it's so much nicer doing around the campsite where you can sling the cannisters & balloons in a bin & not worry about spoiling what really should be a peaceful area.

I get why people go up there & do it though.

It may eventually work. Remember the amount of chinese lanterns in 09? 100s and 100s of em every night. Now ya see fuck all of them as people have seemingly actually listened.

Maybe in a few years there will be very little NOS and those who do bring it will be socially ostracized for the knob jockeys they are..............

While it is only annoying in the Stone Circle, it round me right up at Shhh the year before last as lots of people thought the best place to do it was right next to the kids sandpit.

My kids aren't wrapped up in cotton wool and they obviously know what weed smells like but having to explain why grownups are making that noise with balloons then leaving them all over the floor is a right ballache as its just such obvious drug taking.

They have been turning a blind eye to it for years but when some of the nos sellers will earn more than the acts on the stages something needs to be done.

May not go down well but they just need security on the entrance to the stone circle and be polite with persons carrying massive ruck sacks.

If people have invested in charges etc and then lose them for nowt they may think twice about getting a zero return on their investment.

How do people smuggle them in? Are they even taken off you on entry? Seen stories of people plugging some of their supplies to get through security but shoving a dispenser up your arse can't be healthy.

People were selling them straight out the boxes in the queue at Gate A last year, folks were desperate for them weird! Think alot of people just seem to take them in as they come rather smuggle.

Good move by the festival to start with a nice polite request, it won't do much but hopefully it at least makes a few people think about where they are leaving the canisters.

2 tonnes though!