First Glasto - Car Park/Camping

Nicola.B

Hey everyone,

This will my first Glasto, but not my first festival (I have done TITP, Latitude and Reading in previous years) I was just wondering if you can answer a few questions I have.

- Where is the best place to camp. I'm undecided weather to arrive Wednesday or Thursday yet, but I’m going solo so I only have a small tent.

- When is the best time to arrive? I'm travailing from Kent, so I’ll be going along the M25.

- Also will car park tickets sell out?

- Finally are the lockups safe to put money/ credit card in. If not is LockerHouse going to be there?

Sorry for all the questions. I know there are probably load of people asking the same thing, but I wanted to get a direct answer without got through page after page. I'm a bit lazy like that!

Many thanks,

Nicola.

Camping - http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/190949-camping-where-and-why/

Arriving - we go down Tuesday night and crash in the car or join the queue. It's pretty fun and there's no traffic when you reach the festival so I'd recommend that.

I'm not entirely sure about the car parks selling out, but I think they do.

And finally the lock ups are excellent so don't worry about that.

Even tho I went with a group last year, I spent a lot of time alone and it was excellent. I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Best camping if going solo? There's a group of soloists forming on this forum - you may wish to join in with them - there's some details on this thread right here.

Best time to arrive? Personally I'd say go as early as possible on Wednesday without sacrificing your sleep. Arriving Tuesday night and queueing for hours is only really necessary if you're after one of the prime camping spots.

Car Parks getting full? Really unlikely. In the past I've bought my Car Park ticket on the gate - although they stung me an extra 5 quid for the priviledge.

Lockups? Are considered very safe. Not sure what LockerHouse is.

- Where is the best place to camp.

Anywhere you like where there's space. Don't underestimate the joy of camping quite close to the pedestrian gate, especially if you're all alone and have hence carried ALL your own kit from the car! It's A LONG WAY from the car park, so you might just think 'fuck it' and camp in the first field you come to - I always do!

I'm undecided weather to arrive Wednesday or Thursday yet, but I’m going solo so I only have a small tent.

Arrive as early as you can. Arriving Thursday means you miss a day of the festival.

- When is the best time to arrive? I'm travailing from Kent, so I’ll be going along the M25.

Obviously it's sensible to avoid the M25 when the M25 is being, y'know, the car park! Lots of people arrive in the early hours of Wednesday morning and queue up. The sensible ones aim to arrive mid morning on Wednesday when the queue's gone and you can just go straight in!

If you're coming from Kent you'll probably end up in the East car parks (Blue or Purple Route) so you'll probably enter through pedestrian gates B or C.

- Also will car park tickets sell out?

No.

- Finally are the lockups safe to put money/ credit card in. If not is LockerHouse going to be there?

They're absolutely safe to put anything in, yes. They're not lockers - they're marquees staffed 24 hours a day by volunteers, and they'll look after anything and everything - money, your trolley, your wellies, your bike, your guitar, your spare booze...

Please, please have a good read of this before you go: http://www.glastoearth.com/the-faq. I know you've been to festivals before but Glastonbury is BIGGER. Much, much, much, much, MUCH bigger!

Edited by pie_and_a_pint

Personally I would look to camp overlooking the Pyramid Stage

If you get lost in the vastness of the place you will definitely know where you have camped and its easy to get back to there should you get lost.

Plus you get a really good view of the rest of the site