childrens trailors/carts

stonedhenge

Hi all, we are taking our 3 year old son this year and after previous years i have seen familys pushing there children around in bike carts, I bough t one but it feels very cheap and nasty so im going to send it back as i dont trust it not to fall to bits over the weekend, does anyone have any recomendations on which one I should buy that will last the week!?!

here is the one I am sending back. - http://www.amazon.com/Confidence-Double-Trailer-Jogger-Stroller/dp/B00HCE9JI6

Many thanks in advance.

We bought one off ebay for last year and it worked brilliantly for our two kids (2 and 4 at the time):

10498334_10152143219936526_2161847185911

You can fit loads of stuff in the back - clothes, nappies, coats, food etc. Most of the time we didn't need to carry any bags. The front wheel got completely clogged on the muddiest day so we removed it (tools needed to remove the handbrake, which is useless anyway). The large rear wheels coped excellently. It also folds flat for the car and doesn't weight a ton. We added headlights and fairy lights for night time missions. We'll be taking it again this year

Be careful though because there are some cheap shitty ones around which look similar. I set up a search on ebay to notify me when one went on sale locally, and missed out on a few before finally bagging this one. It cost us £60. This one is very similar to the one we bought (just different colours), and this is an example of a cheap shitty one.

I also bought a proper rain cover because the trailer isn't properly water tight without one (fine for a quick shower, but not for a deluge). It was expensive - half the cost of the trailer itself! - but given the weather we had last year I'm very glad I bought it!

Edited by Cheesey

HI,

I had this one last year and it was great - even through the mud. Didnt get stuck once and we have a long trek to the camper fields. Got it from Amazon.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/10502021_10152117803896436_1614525759483826632_n.jpg?oh=a11385d322463740284389d481f308ca&oe=559C2BB6&__gda__=1440384979_952241bae05b3ea988a53b9cbe7b5751

pimp a wheelbarrow

We did consider this, but when you've got two kids in the car, if you shove a wheelbarrow in the boot there's no room left for more important things (such as your tent :)). Plus if it rains you are screwed.

We considered a lot of options before we decided on a bike trailer.

Edited by Cheesey

Go bike trailer. We had one last year and it was excellent. Will use it again this year now our boy is 3.

We got a decent one second hand off eBay. Looking around they seem to have ok resale value so we figured it was worth it.

Big wheels were so excellent in the mud and it was actually lighter and easier to manoeuvre than the buggy we took when the boy was a bub.

Edited by SamJ