To the people who rock out the boots not wellies

Keto

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what do people wear if its a scorcher and ground bone dry - stick with walking boots? 1st timer and trying to squash my female instinct of taking too many pairs of shoes lol!

There's no such thing as too many shoes ;)

More seriously I take my walking boots, a pair of comfortable trainers for if it's dry and a pair of flip flops for mooching around by the tent. I also keep a spare pair of clean shoes and socks in the car for the way home, it's bliss to put them on after a muddy one.

My husband says that's three pairs too many.

Will the lock ups keep a pair of my shoes/ wellies?

I am going to be staying too far away to go back and get different footwear if the weather gets bad / too hot

But don't want to stick soley to wellies if it's sunny and dry

Yes they will

After a trip to Go Outdoors where I tried on most of their walking boots, I've bought a pair of Berghaus Supalites (used to be Brashers). They don't get great reviews from hardcore walkers but were the most comfortable by a clear mile. A bit pricey but with some care (and used mainly for festivals) they will probably last me until retirement.

Edited by Waapster

After a trip to Go Outdoors where I tried on most of their walking boots, I've bought a pair of Berghaus Supalites (used to be Brashers). They don't get great reviews from hardcore walkers but we're the most comfortable by a clear Mike. A bit pricey but with somecare (and used mainly for festivals) they will probably last me until retirement.

Cracking choice - excellent festival boots, seen me through three festivals last year and virtually unscathed

Best bit is dancing in them, they're so light compared to any decent ones I've had before it's like you're still in trainers

OK. So the boots I posted previously, arrived today. They're so nasty, I'm glad they sent the wrong size as I can return them without quibble.

I've instead opted for these http://www.trespass.com/womens-rhine-00955

They're technically females, but they fit well and they're waterproof. And they were only £24.

Normally I just wear wellies, but based on this thread I figure boots will work well and offer a 'whole week' option.

Cracking choice - excellent festival boots, seen me through three festivals last year and virtually unscathed

Best bit is dancing in them, they're so light compared to any decent ones I've had before it's like you're still in trainers

These sound good. Been trying to break in old Karrimors for longer walks but think it's a waste of time if not right after 3 weeks!! Would be good to have boots to dance in too!!

After being a bit of a boot snob I've eventually found that you can't really go wrong with the Karrimors. These served me well last year and are only £23 on Amazon! http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00LIJ1ZEC The Merrells that are nearly four times the price let in water and fell apart after only a year or so. I always have a pair of wellies on stand by though just in case the puddles get really deep.

After being a bit of a boot snob I've eventually found that you can't really go wrong with the Karrimors. These served me well last year and are only £23 on Amazon! http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00LIJ1ZEC The Merrells that are nearly four times the price let in water and fell apart after only a year or so. I always have a pair of wellies on stand by though just in case the puddles get really deep.

Literally just bought a pair of these..glad to hear their OK! £23 and free prime delivery was a good deal.

I wear a pair of the low profile ones on a day to day basis, and they'll be what I wear at glasto in the dry. In the wet its Hi-Tec Eurohikes http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hi-Tec-Eurotrek-Waterproof-Hiking-Boots/dp/B000P9I68Yits much easier to clean leather boots than goretex types.

You know that Karrimor is now just a marketing brand for Sports Direct?

Adster - Those Amazon boots are VERY similar to the ones I've just bought from Trespass. They're end of line I think?

I bought the size 8 (apparently they're female, but I've seen women, and I think they are humans too, so I doubt the feet will be much different) - they were £24

I'm planning to wear these most of the week (unless I can cope with converse while its dry) I'll add some gaitors for when its really wet :)

I wear a pair of the low profile ones on a day to day basis, and they'll be what I wear at glasto in the dry. In the wet its Hi-Tec Eurohikes http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hi-Tec-Eurotrek-Waterproof-Hiking-Boots/dp/B000P9I68Yits much easier to clean leather boots than goretex types.

You know that Karrimor is now just a marketing brand for Sports Direct?

Yeah the Sports Direct thing put me off for years but some friends who had them said they worked just as well as more expensive brands. Like I said, they saw we through Glastonbury last year and I still wear them to work a year later! :)

Edited by Tent Peg

Have bought a pair of the brown ones of Amazon - cheers for the link mate

They're called "walking boots" for a reason, not just mud-walking boots.

I've done trainers and it ruins your feet by comparison, just not enough cushioning or support

In the scorcher of 2010 my daughter wore flip flops across the many miles per day and came to no harm. i believe that people in really hot countries manage to spend their lives crossing terrain without boots or trainers :-)

sorry frostypaw - managed to downvote you for no good reason. true finger slip. sorry...

In the scorcher of 2010 my daughter wore flip flops across the many miles per day and came to no harm. i believe that people in really hot countries manage to spend their lives crossing terrain without boots or trainers :-)

I imagine they do that on a more regular basis

:-)

Yes people do get away with it, and I have in the past - but I've also twisted my ankle and felt like a twat and spoilt a festival - so on balance my only options are barefoot and walking boots and frankly it's too crowded for the first these days. Folk can take what risks they want but I'll recommend boots every time

Mike Ashley's Sports Direct Emporium have great offers on boots. Got myself a pair of Karrimor Skido at 50% off for £40.

They are £10 cheaper now though, £30: http://www.sportsdirect.com/karrimor-ksb-skido-mens-walking-boots-182420?colcode=18242003&src=google&gclid=CjwKEAjwkcWrBRDg5u6SuPS11C0SJAChLLAHKtIYHqz4pBuVrDwfSUrhuGrPtkkWEiW9U3CPrsyWPxoC3rHw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Given them plenty of walking in these last two months and they are comfy - shame I paid a tenner more!

Got my karrimors today arrived from the people from the river Amazon Bodmin IVs brown colour and will go nicely with my new shorts, but they seem comfy to walk in.

£23 went for a size up.

I saw these too, but roughly half the reviews say they are a nice fit, and half day to get a size larger than normal. Might have to try both and return the ones that don't fit.

Edited by CiaranMc