Where to Camp?

UK_Eduardo

I'll be arriving on Wednesday noon, as far as I know there's traffic, so let's suppose I get inside Glastonbury on Wednesday afternoon, dunno if some Camping areas are already gone by that time...

My only interests are:
- Less Flooding: Saw ome pics online where flooding is really high. Though, I dont care about getting wet, I'd prefer to stay in high area where flooding is less 'cuz I have a plane on Monday and I wanna keep stuff as dry as possible inside tent (if that's even possible!).
- Plus: Quiet Area: I'm the party kind, but I'll prefer to keep the party away the tent, so that I can sleep at least a couple hours a day. But this one is not as important as the flooding.

Please let me know the different options!!! I appreciate it.

Edited by UK_Eduardo

By the time you arrive you've got a better chance of finding a pitch on the outer fields. The good thing is these are generally the quiet, flood free places. A consideration is which direction you reach the site from. That will determine which gate you enter by. It's a long trek from one side to the other with all your gear.

Here's the camping thread:

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/190949-camping-where-and-why/

And a really good guide here:

http://www.glastoearth.com/the-faq/faq-part-3

No F'ing Rain, No F'ing Compromise

If you're not desperate to be in a particular field, then there's no real benefit in planning ahead on this.

A big factor will be what Gate you go in - you'll likely already have had a long walk just to reach the Gate, and so how much further are you willing to carry all your kit? If you're stood at Gate B, then trekking all the way to South Park probably isn't the best suggestion.

When you do get through the Gate, somewhere nearby will be a big map, which the friendly campsite stewards will have kept up to date with which fields are full, which have space, etc etc. There's a good chance that one or more of those very friendly campsite stewards will be around for you to talk to, so they can best advise you based on real time information.

When you do get through the Gate, somewhere nearby will be a big map, which the friendly campsite stewards will have kept up to date with which fields are full, which have space, etc etc. There's a good chance that one or more of those very friendly campsite stewards will be around for you to talk to, so they can best advise you based on real time information.

This. The campsite crew will help you find a decent spot, but good luck to you arriving on the Thursday ;)

You're not ignorant Eduardo, Its an 'in joke' on these boards perpetuated by people who have far , far too much time on their hands.

Now, now, badger, play nicely!

There are far more prolific posters on other threads of the forum than those who frequent NFR NFC...

...have you read the Headliners thread? Now that's an illustration of having a fair amount of time on your hands...!

And if that's what you like doing, who really cares?

:)

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22

Now, now, badger, play nicely!

There are far more prolific posters on other threads of the forum than those who frequent NFR NFC...

...have you read the Headliners thread? Now that's an illustration of having a fair amount of time on your hands...!

And if that's what you like doing, who really cares?

:)

Ben

Well said Ben.

and to think I have actively campaigned against the badger cull.

Eddy, I usually get to Michael's Mead around 10 and all set up by 10:30, there are usually people still pitching tents in the afternoon at the top of the hill where I camp so you should be ok. There is going to be a lockup at the top this year so that will take up a bit of camping space on the more leveled out area.

Are you coming on your own? What sort of size tent? You might be able to squeeze in somewhere.

Hi Claire, I'm coming with just one friend. We have a 3 people tent (we bought that one so that we have space for the 2 of us and a little more for the stuff. I think it's 2 meters each side. Would that be ok? :D