Future Islands

Inconspicuous

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watched it all back rather than just the last 20 mins. I haven't enjoyed a gig as much as that in a long time.

Whether they had the best songs I heard, probably not - but for sheer enjoyment, they were my favourite act of the weekend and by some distance. I feel lucky to have been there for that.

I'm really annoyed the manchester gig is sold out in September.

Mine favourite act as well Fuzzy Dunlop - head and shoulders better than anything over the weekend

Just watched it all back rather than just the last 20 mins. I haven't enjoyed a gig as much as that in a long time.

Whether they had the best songs I heard, probably not - but for sheer enjoyment, they were my favourite act of the weekend and by some distance. I feel lucky to have been there for that.

I'm really annoyed the manchester gig is sold out in September.

Yeah, sums it up well. The actual music doesn't seem to be five star when I watch it back - but no doubt it was the high point of the festival live. My mood was rock bottom beforehand, sky high by the end, then slumped back down by 10 mins after.

The seagull thing was great too.... and the kid... and the falling over...

Fuck that shit. Headline a smaller stage.

Actually, more like a years break followed by a Park/JP/Other headline. We need a new album.

They've been touring pretty much constantly for 3 years, UK tour in the autumn, I reckon it could be a couple of years before we see them back at G, and what with another album under their belts, they could be a big player on the other stage

My drunk head is telling me to buy tickets for Newcastle in the morning. Need to be a bit careful with money but they were so fucking good at Glastonbury and only £20 a ticket.

YES!

Was given a couple recommendations for Future Islands before we arrived and so, pencilled it in - (in case we were in the area of the Other Stage around that time) but it wasn't on the must-see list for 2015.

As with many others it seems...... we left Lionel during We Are The World, rushed around to Other just at Future were hitting form.

They were brilliant.  Well pleased we saw them and now looking to catch them live again in their own gig. Defo top 3 for 2015 for me.

The gamble to head out of the crazy Lionel crush as he finished off his blinding set was a good one. My quick piss stop on route during 'We Are The World' was very satisfying. Bad song choice Lionel, mate. Got to Future Islands about 5 minutes in. Great stuff and what a bloody performance...

Definitely one of my highlights. Gutted that the Manchester Academy tickets have sold out. My wife and her mate are now obsessed.

The last 20 minutes of it was up there with the best I've ever seen. The sun, the seagull swarm, the joy, the unbridled joy and everyone dancing! Was sticking to my tradition of getting just plain rat-arsed on the sunday afternoon and couldn't have enjoyed it any more. I can't ever remember a time when I had tears in my eyes by just enjoying seeing everyone else loving a set so much. I really hope they kick on and become more of a success story than they already are, but if they don't they can dine out on their live performances and their last album forever.

Did anyone know that Sam T Herring is actually in his very early 30s?!

Not really getting this band on Spotify (missed them as I accidentally ended up in a secret Fatboy Slim set in the Stonebridge Bar instead!). Any recommendations? They're playing Bestival and I clearly need to go and see them!

I don't think it works as well on a recording as it does live. There is so much more energy.

Vireos Eye was a tune I had never heard before Glastonbury and I love that

Not  really getting this band on Spotify (missed them as I accidentally ended up in a secret Fatboy Slim set in the Stonebridge Bar instead!). Any recommendations? They're playing Bestival and I clearly need to go and see them!

In Evening Air and SIngles are the two albums you need to listen to. Personally I prefer In Evening Air, but SIngles is the most recent and has their most well known song (Seasons, which I am sick of hearing).

If you don't manage to listen to them much, you'll still have a great time.

In Evening Air and SIngles are the two albums you need to listen to. Personally I prefer In Evening Air, but SIngles is the most recent and has their most well known song (Seasons, which I am sick of hearing).

If you don't manage to listen to them much, you'll still have a great time.

Hmmmm... might be better if I just go along (am aware of Seasons from off of 6Music - and I don't even like that that much TBH). AM sure it will be great live though.