Future Islands

Inconspicuous

Couldn't find a thread on these guys.

Seasons is a phenomenal song. I really like it. I tried listening to their other stuff but it all just seems a bit meh. Shame really. Although if nothing else is on I might have a wander over to wherever they are, Park?

Singer seems to be a bit of a nutcase. Solid dance moves.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

third or second down on JP. really REALLY want to see them but, as with all of the top two acts, anticipate a huge clash, so we shall have to wait and see. Singles is a brilliant album (although Seasons is far and away the best song on there so it all goes very slightly downhill after that opens up the album)

One of my must-sees. Took me a while to get into them, and though a lot of their material does sound relatively similar (particularly within albums), I think it works for them. Seasons is one of my favourite songs from the last couple of years, but Balance, Spirit and Back In The Tall Grass are near-equal in brilliance.

Recommend anyone interested in them to listen to In Evening Air from a few years back. Its my favourite album of theirs.

Swept Inside and Tin Man are belters.

Headlining JP or subbing The Park I reckon.

Cheers, i'll need to check that out.

Only heard the album 'Singles', which i really like.

Strange that the most popular tune is the first track on that album, then again, they probably may not have known that when arranging the track listing.

Love that Seasons song a lot, but found other stuff on that album a bit so-so. But on the basis of reports on here, sounds like I should check out some earlier stuff, and especially that it's still worth catching their live set (as long as it's not on the JP, which i find a bit tricky).

• 2 months later...

They were absolutely outstanding.

The crowd was really small at the start but I thought it grew steadily and after the Pyramid crowd started coming over, it really packed up well.

If that kind of performance can't put a smile on your face, you're in trouble.

I was struggling to get going on Sunday but I felt great by the end of their set.

Can't wait to see them again in September

Me and a friend left Lionel just before all night long. The toughest decision I had to make this year but also the best. Their set was phenomenal.

By the end, the length of the applause at the end of the each song was about a third longer than the applause I could remember for any other act I saw that weekend. A sign of the audiences true appreciation for Sam and the boys effort and enthusiasm. It felt like such a bloody moment. I had goosebumps throughout Seasons

I'm glad I left Lionel early. It was amazing and I had a great view of the stage and screen despite being quite far forward. That three song run of Seasons, Tin Man and Spirit was incredible.

I'm too scared of watching the footage back in case I spot myself. Good grief I was excited.

Did anybody watch this gig and NOT think it was top 3 of the festival?

It was my favourite.

Loved it from the start. From Seasons onwards it became something else. Sunday had began to take its toll, I became tired and aching, then this happened and I was full of it again.

5 stars from me.